• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Retired Airline... 135 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LOL keep posting you're just proving my point further. :)

A case in point. As an active 91 instructor, I get incredible amounts of condescension from some GA types when they find out I'm a widebody captain for my day job. Just like Spooky is now getting from capt vegetable.

Now, things have changed a bit for 135/corporate - there are some great people in great jobs out there, but there is a substantial "sour grapes" factor in that sector, and as Spooky suggested, a lower aggregate experience, knowledge, and skill level. There are a lot of valid reasons for that, not least of which is lower utilization - but let's face it, no one in their right mind daydreamed as a school boy of growing up to be the limo driver for da' man, but plenty of us dreamed of flying the big jets. Thus, a repository for some of the industry's underachievers exists in the lower rungs.

Punk.

A case in point. As an active 91 instructor, I get incredible amounts of condescension from some GA types when they find out I'm a widebody captain for my day job. Just like Spooky is now getting from capt vegetable.

Now, things have changed a bit for 135/corporate - there are some great people in great jobs out there, but there is a substantial "sour grapes" factor in that sector, and as Spooky suggested, a lower aggregate experience, knowledge, and skill level. There are a lot of valid reasons for that, not least of which is lower utilization - but let's face it, no one in their right mind daydreamed as a school boy of growing up to be the limo driver for da' man, but plenty of us dreamed of flying the big jets. Thus, a repository for some of the industry's underachievers exists in the lower rungs.

Punk.

LOL further point proven. Superiority complex b/c u fly the biiiiiig jets. My plane is bigger than yours so I'm a better pilot!

It's just funny. The only thing you have accomplished is to further prove my point. Have a nice day.

I've done both. 5000+ hours in 135, flying single pilot imc in the Northwest including ndbs. Now 121 pic. I can say that 135 flying is no harder than 121, just different. They both have unique challenges. I'm sure the retiring 121 guys will figure out the planes and be flying them smoothly before you know it. And what's wrong with people retiring out of 121 for 135? Their experience makes 135 much safer.

I will bet that I've flown with more retired pilots than most, (otherwise known as contract pilots) and they have all SUCKED, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. I don't know how else to say it. I can only hope when I reach that point somebody will be honest enough to tell me to hang it up. However, I probably wouldn't feel comfortable taking work away from somebody younger that really needed it after I supposedly retired so look for me on the golf course. I could go on about how bad they are with even more specific examples but I don't think they deserve the typing effort....

Have a friend who has been married and divorced 5 times!! Asked him why. He said because all of them were nuts and he couldn't llive with them.. I asked him "F####, have you ever thought that maybe it wasn't the women who were nuts??

Anyway if every retired pilot you have flown with sucks, have you ever thought that maybe its not them who suck at flying??

Thanks to the airline industry, (accidents) for all the extra equipment that is required now on corporate aircraft, and is mostly useless.

J3

Thanks to the airline industry, (accidents) for all the extra equipment that is required now on corporate aircraft, and is mostly useless.

J3

Obviously clueless. You and Vegomatic are both a part of the problem. Truely pitiful, and unfortunetly bound to repeat the the same mistake that others that have gone before you.

J3

I guess TCAS, EGWPS, RNP/ANP, RADAR,PWS, HUD, EVS, etc, etc is all worthless?? WTF over. Your stupid and
clueless as well. Please...give us mortals a clue as to where your coming from?

J3

J3 type rated>>>what a fukin joke> Kid, you don't know ********************. Go back to your Playschool simulator and let the pro's on this forum handle the serious ********************. Most of them are thankful for all the tools that help them stay out of trouble. You are clueless.

Latest resources

Back