• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Resume Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since I only have one SIC type rating, it is just a line under ratings for me. I don't have any PIC type ratings, so I don't yet have to worry about that.

As far as the job history, I've held about 4 different positions for the company I work for now. I started in line service. Now I'm 135 pilot. I guess I'll just have to play with that section of my resume to see what looks good.

Lostdog65 said:
Yeah...but what if you worked for that employer once in 93-97 then 99-00 and then again in 05-06?? How would you put that on the resume? I've got them as seperate entries as I worked elsewhere inbetween times...

Eric
That means, counting the jobs in between, you've got at least five former employers listed on your resume. That may be a bit too busy, I've never seen more than three (including the current employer).

For the FLY4Food...Listing the same employer/different job twice kind of depends on the other factors involved. If splitting them pushes your high school job at the Taco Bell off of the resume, it might be a good idea. If your previous employment was in aviation, or better yet a pilot job, consolodating and bulletpointing may be the way to go.

I'm not in HR, but I've gotten quite a few calls for interviews in my day. There's a professional resume lady, Kathy something (Handle is RESUME WRITER) that posts from time to time. She seems eager to offer advice,bless her. Good luck. Don't get too discouraged by all the complaining and bickering here, even when it all goes to hell, being a pilot is still better than working for a living.

I'm ignorant on this one, what the hell is an SIC TYPE? Sounds contradictory.

Last edited:
Hamburger said:
I'm ignorant on this one, what the hell is an SIC TYPE? Sounds contradictory.

It is something that allows SIC's to fly into countries that give the SIC type. There were hang ups when American crews (who didn't require the SIC type) would fly into other countries (mainly European, who do require the type). I heard that one company had a crew who was grounded because the SIC didn't have the type. In response, the FAA decided to add the SIC type to the certification of airmen in the United States. It doesn't really require a whole lot of back bending. The same training that used to qualify you as SIC without the type counts now towards the type. The difference is that they put it on your airman certificate. If anything here sounds off, please feel free to correct me.

Hamburger...I actually got out of aviation for a couple of years in there...just flew about 50 hours over 18 months to keep my hand in it. But you're right...my resume looks busy...I'll blame it on the ADD!! ;)

Eric

Latest resources

Back