Restrictions when flying OMC internationally

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Missed Approach

Last week I flew internationally and I was able to get a seat in 1st while flying OMC. Midway through the flight, a flight attendant informed me that as an OMC, I cannot fly in first and am only eligible for business class or economy when flying OMC. Is this true? Where can I find a list of these restrictions? I didn't drink bc I figured that wasn't a good idea as an OMC traveler, but is that a restriction as well?

I have flown OMC many times on UA in first.

Gotcha. There are few things I love more than flight attendants who make up policies on the fly. I am assuming the UAL policy is no alcohol while OMC in the cabin, correct?

Last week I flew internationally and I was able to get a seat in 1st while flying OMC. Midway through the flight, a flight attendant informed me that as an OMC, I cannot fly in first and am only eligible for business class or economy when flying OMC. Is this true? Where can I find a list of these restrictions? I didn't drink bc I figured that wasn't a good idea as an OMC traveler, but is that a restriction as well?

Did you tell her to get bent?

It is probably because UAL FA's can't ride in first when they nonrev, or she had a stick up her bum.

I assume you were not in uniform. I thought this restriction only applied to OMCs in uniform.

Latest resources

Back