• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Respected company “Rolls Learjet”

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can take a look at 400A's posts and see that there is a real problem with diving into posts that he knows nothing about. I think this one takes the cake. He must not have a flying job because he is always online! Just another wanna-be that found the website while surfin' in the basement of his parents house!

You can take a look at 400A's posts and see that there is a real problem with diving into posts that he knows nothing about. I think this one takes the cake. He must not have a flying job because he is always online! Just another wanna-be that found the website while surfin' in the basement of his parents house!

And then there is jerks like Choppy who make things up and follow people around from thread to thread just to attack them because they think they are better. Choppy needs mental help.

I have a great flying job. Not that I have to justify it to you. But of course you were the one offended by the term co-pilot. My co-worker is still laughing his butt off at you about that. I bet guys that fly with you bring ear plugs.

I am sorry that the fact I only have to fly 5-10 days a month bothers you. Maybe you will be happy with your miserable life one day, but I doubt it.

And then there is jerks like Choppy who make things up and follow people around from thread to thread just to attack them because they think they are better. Choppy needs mental help.

I have a great flying job. Not that I have to justify it to you. But of course you were the one offended by the term co-pilot. My co-worker is still laughing his butt off at you about that. I bet guys that fly with you bring ear plugs.

I am sorry that the fact I only have to fly 5-10 days a month bothers you. Maybe you will be happy with your miserable life one day, but I doubt it.

How many times did you spell check your post? Did you get Mom to read it for you?

I just think it is funny how you come on to the forums and just inject your thoughts and not so much knowledge. Do you know anything about the company or the pilots that you were talking about?

Have you ever flown any type of the airplane that the post is about?

Have you ever flown cargo?

I bet you the answer to these questions is a big, fat NO!

Keep you posts to the topics that you actually have some intelligence on and don't post on a topic you don't! I imagine we will never have to hear from you then, which is what we all want!

Over.

Roll the BUFF?

...rumor has it that Johnson rolled all the other new types he did test flights on-just out of sight over the Pacific...

He tested the B-52, and if he rolled that thing he was courting the wrath of Curtis LeMay, but I suppose it's possible.

How many times did you spell check your post? Did you get Mom to read it for you?

I just think it is funny how you come on to the forums and just inject your thoughts and not so much knowledge. Do you know anything about the company or the pilots that you were talking about?

Have you ever flown any type of the airplane that the post is about?

Have you ever flown cargo?

I bet you the answer to these questions is a big, fat NO!

Keep you posts to the topics that you actually have some intelligence on and don't post on a topic you don't! I imagine we will never have to hear from you then, which is what we all want!

Over.

Did I say anything about Airnet? NO

Did I say anything about the Lear? NO

Did I say anything about flying cargo? NO

The topic was about rolling airplanes, did someone do that to me? YES

As far as on topic, you mean like when I asked for Hawker information, and you blew a gasket because I refered to my Co-Pilot.

You sir are an Idiot. What have you contributed to this thread other than attacking me. Just like the last thread.

In the wake of the poorly understood loss of three deHavilland Comet jetliners the public and airlines were jittery about the new technology. It was in this environment Tex Johnson rolled the prototype of the 707 over the Seafair Unlimited Hydroplane Races on Lake Washington. Bill Boeing was in the stands...told the guy next to him that Johnson was fired. The guy next to old man Boeing said "don't do it Bill, he just sold your airplane".

Sure enough, airlines were calling the following morning wanting delivery slots...rumor has it that Johnson rolled all the other new types he did test flights on-just out of sight over the Pacific...
All true, but in fairness to Bill Boeing, had Tex Johnson merely made a couple of low, high-speed passes along the lake he probably would have "sold" just as many airplanes...especially when the sound the airplane was making followed it's appearance by several seconds. On the other hand, had Johnson wrenched a pylon or three off the 15 million-dollar prototype, it's unlikely there would have ever been a 707, or a Boeing company, today. Whatever else might be said of Johnson's barrel roll, he was definitely gambling with the company's future, that's for sure.

Eventually, airlines that bought the 707 did so because it offered significant improvements in speed and comfort over the piston-engined airliners then in use...not because it could be barrel-rolled.

Mr. Boeing's alarmed reaction to Johnson's "stunt" over Lake Washington was likely brought about by his memory of the circumstances surrounding the loss of another company prototype just 17 years before. The 2nd Model 307 Stratoliner crashed because a prospective customer wanted to see how it stalled with an outboard engine feathered. Of course, it stalled just fine. Spun just fine, too. How they recovered from that would have made another great aviation story, except that the wings came off in the pull-out.

Over the last 100 years, there have been a lot of dang-fool things done in airplanes that guys have gotten away with. (and yea, I'm as responsible as the next guy for some of them) Most of those stunts that happened to be captured on film or tape have been quietly passing into history...that is, until now. I recently saw a video on the internet of a couple guys rolling and hot-dogging a Beech 1900. With popular websites such as "You-Tube" commemorating such idiocy, I wonder how long it will be until we start seeing a bunch of airborne "Johnny Knoxville" types trying to outdo each other, only with airplanes instead of shopping carts and whoopee cushions.

As I understand this incident, 2 young aviation "professionals" in a Learjet scooped-out of a botched barrel roll, lost 10,000' in the recovery, and bent the wings in the pull-out. They're lucky to be alive, and everybody that would have flown that airplane in the future is is lucky that they caused permanent, visible damage to it.

Maybe we're already seeing the "Jackasses" of the airways.

Bet it never occured to you that your barrel roll would lead to this, did it, Mr. Johnson?

Funny how now it's his "Co-worker".... What happened to Co-pilot. I bet he was laughing about it. He is laughing to himself thinking what an a**. We'll see if you continue to call him Co-pilot or Co-worker. You are probably the guy that picks legs for you to fly because you don't think the other pilot is qualified!

Funny how now it's his "Co-worker".... What happened to Co-pilot. I bet he was laughing about it. He is laughing to himself thinking what an a**. We'll see if you continue to call him Co-pilot or Co-worker. You are probably the guy that picks legs for you to fly because you don't think the other pilot is qualified!

Nope, I did that so as not to rattle your fragile little ego, since it upset you so bad last time. I don't pick legs, we alternate right and left seat every other leg. Same with the preflight.

I did happen to notice from your previous post's that you always seem to be looking for work. Imagine that.

Nope, I did that so as not to rattle your fragile little ego, since it upset you so bad last time. I don't pick legs, we alternate right and left seat every other leg. Same with the preflight.

I did happen to notice from your previous post's that you always seem to be looking for work. Imagine that.

I think we need to set up a "Catfights" forumn.

Latest resources

Back