Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

REset Your DVRs for Feb 8th. Sorry Matt Lauer, 60 min Won 1st Interview w/ Sully

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
8:24p (eastern)
Okay, the O'Reilly segment just aired...

What morons...Geraldo just told O'Reilly same old, same old about the same tail # had problems a few days prior....Held up the airworthiness directive for the same tail #...high pressure compressor stalls during climbout after takeoff Dec 31, 2008.
Tues Jan 13 2009 Same plane experiences compressor stalls...
Then Thurs in the Hudson
Geraldo will have more (of course) on his show SATURDAY because "there is more to this story and I'm investigating it".
You've been warned.
:erm:

I'm wondering how much Sully really enjoys this scrutiny. I'm beginning to think not. All the hoopla is getting out of hand. This reminds me of a movie... now what movie was that anyway?

Personally, I don't think Sully should do any interviews. I don't know his talking skills but he's already created a mystique and hero status to people around the country and world. He should leave well enough alone. I hope he doesn't sound like a Sara Palin, Caroline Kennedy or Tom Cruise.

Ditto- pull a Howard Hughs on 'em. (except for the hand washing part).

You watch O'Reilly and Geraldo? How proud you must be...two great journalists(I use that term as loosely as it could possibly be used without it venturing into the relm of becoming no word at all) and one great channel.

I watch ALL news channels so that I don't become a brainless drone that begins worshiping someone like the sheep.

The truth lies somewhere in between ANY of the news outlets...you just have to be intelligent enough to recognize that and look at everything critically, rather than in terms of "right station" (because you agree with their ideologies) or "wrong station" (because you don't and/or are conditioned by the watching of a single outlet to believe that).

Carry on.

We’ve always known the extraordinary value of our professional pilots and flight attendants,and this event highlighted this truth for the rest of the world. I can’t tell you how happy I am to see the world better recognize and respect the skills and professionalism of all of our pilots

Value indeed. We pay them crap and they continue to perform. It's a good thing the world recognizes them, because we sure don't...

Value indeed. We pay them crap and they continue to perform. It's a good thing the world recognizes them, because we sure don't...

I was thinking the exact same thing. To management, when they say "value," they really mean "inexpensive." :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back