Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Reserves at ASA can pick up open time now!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They'll want to deal on Vacation Low (Co hates it) so we can negotiate for these improvements but unfortunately Vacation Low will have to be altered. Thoughts????

I agree. I think everybody would agree that senior guys flying a total of four days of the month with just one week of vacation is not reasonable or cost efficient. I'm sure we'd all like to be on the receiving end of that pork, but no company can survive like that. We should ALL be paid well for a hard day's work; any other outcome will not be sustainable.

Agree! Keep what we have (PBS) and improve credits (6 hrs each day for AQP), drop that 60% of the lines 4 day bullcrap down to oh, say, 30-40%, 3 days 50%, whatever, but improve pairing construction!

They'll want to deal on Vacation Low (Co hates it) so we can negotiate for these improvements but unfortunately Vacation Low will have to be altered. Thoughts????

And no, no dealing on Vacation Low. I'm sorry, but our company has had it far too good for far too long. The issues mentioned above including the pairing construction/ 4 days/ high threshold with low credit trips/ the half pay for training/ our onerous reserve system/ prevalent contract loopholes/ etc. And they claim this isn't enough. We will very much need to hold our ground on Vacation Low!

just thinking we could negotiate Vac Low for the other improvements such as higher credits, rigs, productive pairings etc

just thinking we could negotiate Vac Low for the other improvements such as higher credits, rigs, productive pairings etc

Agreed, that could be huge negotiating capital. But, like many, I am getting a little burnt out with the take take take and no give from our company (with the assistance of our elected reps). Vacay Low is one of the few items we've actually come out on the good side with lately. Just don't feel we have any reason at all to give on much of anything. The JCBA will be the only means to correct the numerous issues confronting us and we really do need to get it right. We will not have another chance for a long long time.

I really don't know anything about ASA's PBS or what "vacation low" is, but I do know that negotiating in public by telling everyone what you value and what you'll give up is very, very stupid!

I really don't know anything about ASA's PBS or what "vacation low" is, but I do know that negotiating in public by telling everyone what you value and what you'll give up is very, very stupid!

This is a long long way from negotiating in public. These forums provide an
excellent opportunity for individuals to discuss, compare and compose perspectives on what they feel should be negotiated. Anonymous forums exist for basically this purpose for every career, group, profession association etc imaginable.

So when no one can agree on what bidding system we have and we finally go to an arbitrator. The company says "We want PBS" and the union says "We don't want PBS". Who wins?
Well the arbitrator is going to look at the industry to find the industry standard. That is going to be PBS. So what do you think they'll decide on?
Who doesn't have PBS? XJT, Eagle, and Comair maybe?
Now if we focused our energies on improving control over pairing construction and rules that surround our PBS we may not have to go to an arbitrator.

Good thing the transition and process agreement doesn't allow for arbitration at any point during negotiations then!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back