Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Reserves at ASA can pick up open time now!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not sure what your asking. All I know is that no one can force us to negotiate anything.

At some point between the company and the union if nothing is getting done it will move to a point of arbitration that an independent person will decide what they feel is right. And that is usually done with what is average in the industry. PCLs 900 rates, before the latest contract, were decided that way.
That is the same thing that happens with our combined seniority list if our unions can't agree. We have no say whatsoever.

At some point between the company and the union if nothing is getting done it will move to a point of arbitration that an independent person will decide what they feel is right. And that is usually done with what is average in the industry. PCLs 900 rates, before the latest contract, were decided that way.
That is the same thing that happens with our combined seniority list if our unions can't agree. We have no say whatsoever.

Read the transition and process agreement. There will be no arbitration whatsoever in this contract negotiation. No one cam force anything upon us other than ourselves in a ratification vote.

I'm not pissed at ALPA, I'm pissed about our TOTALLY INCOMPETENT management issuing YET ANOTHER apology about getting caught surprised/unprepared with our staffing issues.

They REFUSE to staff properly, insist that we ARE staffed properly and then say "Oops...our bad...... looks like we are short staffed, but we are taking FULL responsibility for this. It's too late to hire now, so work harder and get us through this summer...BTW SAFETY is our number one priority"

second year in a row, and I'm positive it will happen this way next year as well.

The union and half the pilot groups say "well, at least they are taking responsibility"

That's why I'M pissed

You're pissed at what?

I thought the pilots were the Union. Don't fly it if you don't want the money. The whole idea is to provide incentive to those who are willing to work extra so some aren't forced into it. Sounds like a great idea to me. That just gives you more time on Flightinfo breathing free air.

I am with joe on this and I almost never agree with him. Vac low is off the table. I don't think we can get anything and I mean anything that would make me willing to give up vac low. I have had to work the days right before and right after my vacation in the past. That would be a huge concession. Don't think it will happen? I can tell you from personal experience that during line completion they did this all the time. I am very junior and I will not give this up. Setting the credit line value to 65 only shaves 10 hours off guarantee and was a big part of us voting in pbs. The last thing I want is to have to build my line up to 90 hours on a vacation month. The way I see this anyway is we will give something up trying to fix other issues. It will be gone and the other issues will end up just as bad as they were before. We always have huge loopholes in our contracts and the company wont sign anything without them. Always a lot of the company may or will try or unless it causes an cancellation.

agreed... one of the reasons I voted for PBS was the vacation LOW. No way that one goes away.

Latest resources

Back