• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Reserve at DAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny. I jet ask them when it gets back. That really is the only one that they can violate you one.
Better not take me in to my off day.....

Why? Its theoretically gone now that GS pay has been restored.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. Is it theoreticcally gone because regular line holders will get all the greenslips before reserves? I still think rolling thunder will work, you just might get less greenslips because line holders are more willing to submit green slips for double pay. Should still work though in theory.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. Is it theoreticcally gone because regular line holders will get all the greenslips before reserves? I still think rolling thunder will work, you just might get less greenslips because line holders are more willing to submit green slips for double pay. Should still work though in theory.

greenslips are awarded based on seniority. So, accepting that more line holders are senior to most reserve guys, yes they could get more greenslips.

But, keep in mind a reserve pilot has a good shot at greenslips, especially on a three or four day trip. A regular line holder will already have a schedule, and even if he has three, four or even five days off, a 3 or 4 day trip will cause a 30n7 conflict.

In the summer, there will probably be a good chance to do rolling thunder again. But right now, most categories are well staffed and there is not much chance.

greenslips are awarded based on seniority. So, accepting that more line holders are senior to most reserve guys, yes they could get more greenslips.

But, keep in mind a reserve pilot has a good shot at greenslips, especially on a three or four day trip. A regular line holder will already have a schedule, and even if he has three, four or even five days off, a 3 or 4 day trip will cause a 30n7 conflict.

In the summer, there will probably be a good chance to do rolling thunder again. But right now, most categories are well staffed and there is not much chance.

Yeah, that is what I thought. The double pay greenslip deal doesn't do away with the ability to play the rolling thunder game when coverage is low.

might have missed this....but min days off on RSV there?

12 in a 30 day month, 13 in 31 days.
One of those days off will be assigned where ever in the month at the discretion of scheduling after reserve line is awarded.

I just got paid 16 hours to fly up to Laguarbage last night and dead head back this morning. These are the types of trips that don't interfere too much with lineholders.

I am an NYC ER B reserve and flew 45 hours last month and 68 hours the month before. I can safely say that I am not a fan of the 24 hour short call window that applies to international. I was given 6 short calls last month, which essentially effects 12 days. Luckily I live within 2 hours otherwise I would be spending some quality time in a lovely Q Gardens crash pad.

I too am a (junior) NYC ER B. Regular line holder last month (65 hrs + 20 Hr WS trip). 77 hours on reserve the month before, 85 hours on reserve the month before that. Back on reserve this month. Doubt I will break the 70 hr min. I've had less than 5 total short call days since I came on line in July. Flew all but one of those short call days. I'm sure that will be different this month as well.

Latest resources

Back