• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zugzug

I have a member
How long before it happens?

It will bring back more dignified travel, higher pay, better work rules, smoother ATC and less delays?

I love the RJ's... But with the congested airspace we have now, RJ's take up a slot in the airspace system and only hold a few pax. A slot in the airspace system is a slot. The performance (field length) isn't much better than the bigger jets. There is room for them, just not in the large numbers that they are attaining. We will still need the short field capable feeders.

Deregulation has failed at everything it was intended to fix except getting more people in the air for less.

The Majors are bloated and slow moving to change, but that is to be expected. With all the LCC's that don't have to start out with all the inherent cost that a company that has been in business for years and thousands of people to maintain (pensions,leaves,healthcare) can be quick footed to change but eventually becomes the same slow beast.

The FAA and their duel role... Somebody needs to flush that toilet.

Go ahead flame away, I just unzipped my extinguisher.

Yeah, the government being the efficient machine that it is will hopefuly take over all businesses. I hope they regulate the coffee biz too so I can get cheaper lattes. Let's not stop there, everyone should get paid the same amount too. After all it's only fair. If some guy wants to do nothing in life that's not his fault, he's probably a victim or something.

Deregulation sure hasn't lowered fares. I can't believe airlines have the stones to charge $79 from BOS to MCO. The nerve. And $99 dollar transcons, the public is being ripped off. I'm sure Uncle Sam can get it done much cheaper. I mean it's my right, I deserve low fares!

This raises a question in my mind. Who is going to get hurt with JetBlue's 100 seaters coming?

Will it be the RJ operators or the 118-150 seat operators? Or both?

FlyBoeingJets said:
This raises a question in my mind. Who is going to get hurt with JetBlue's 100 seaters coming?

Will it be the RJ operators or the 118-150 seat operators? Or both?

We are going to get hurt with a payscale like that...

It will never happen (especially with Republicans in charge.) The public has never enjoyed lower fares and so many options. The market is working.

Airline labor and shareholders on the other hand have been screwed.

zugzug said:
Go back and re-read the post!

No thanks I've waisted enough time with you(r) non-sense.

Spelling corrected for Zugzug, Chief of the spelling police.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back