• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Reregulation

zugzug

I have a member
Total Time
How long before it happens?

It will bring back more dignified travel, higher pay, better work rules, smoother ATC and less delays?

I love the RJ's... But with the congested airspace we have now, RJ's take up a slot in the airspace system and only hold a few pax. A slot in the airspace system is a slot. The performance (field length) isn't much better than the bigger jets. There is room for them, just not in the large numbers that they are attaining. We will still need the short field capable feeders.

Deregulation has failed at everything it was intended to fix except getting more people in the air for less.

The Majors are bloated and slow moving to change, but that is to be expected. With all the LCC's that don't have to start out with all the inherent cost that a company that has been in business for years and thousands of people to maintain (pensions,leaves,healthcare) can be quick footed to change but eventually becomes the same slow beast.

The FAA and their duel role... Somebody needs to flush that toilet.

Go ahead flame away, I just unzipped my extinguisher.

B6Busdriver

pushbutton pusher
Total Time
>1
Yeah, the government being the efficient machine that it is will hopefuly take over all businesses. I hope they regulate the coffee biz too so I can get cheaper lattes. Let's not stop there, everyone should get paid the same amount too. After all it's only fair. If some guy wants to do nothing in life that's not his fault, he's probably a victim or something.

Deregulation sure hasn't lowered fares. I can't believe airlines have the stones to charge $79 from BOS to MCO. The nerve. And $99 dollar transcons, the public is being ripped off. I'm sure Uncle Sam can get it done much cheaper. I mean it's my right, I deserve low fares!

FlyBoeingJets

YES, that's NICE
Total Time
>5000
This raises a question in my mind. Who is going to get hurt with JetBlue's 100 seaters coming?

Will it be the RJ operators or the 118-150 seat operators? Or both?

720degpersec

Total Time
Some
FlyBoeingJets said:
This raises a question in my mind. Who is going to get hurt with JetBlue's 100 seaters coming?

Will it be the RJ operators or the 118-150 seat operators? Or both?

We are going to get hurt with a payscale like that...

zugzug

I have a member
Total Time
Hey B6

Go back and re-read the post!

GogglesPisano

Pawn, in game of life
Total Time
enough
It will never happen (especially with Republicans in charge.) The public has never enjoyed lower fares and so many options. The market is working.

Airline labor and shareholders on the other hand have been screwed.

B6Busdriver

pushbutton pusher
Total Time
>1
zugzug said:
Go back and re-read the post!

No thanks I've waisted enough time with you(r) non-sense.

Spelling corrected for Zugzug, Chief of the spelling police.

Last edited:

zugzug

I have a member
Total Time
And

You wasted you time going to school. Pee-pee on you!

zugzug

I have a member
Total Time
Notice the You

You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zugzug

I have a member
Total Time
B6

That is so sweet!!!! Blow I mean give me a hug.

SDF2BUF2MCO

Bird Nerd
Total Time
Adding
zugzug said:
Deregulation has failed at everything it was intended to fix except getting more people in the air for less.
Go ahead flame away, I just unzipped my extinguisher.

Partly true but the "silver lining" is there are also more people employed as pilots as a result. Two edge sword perhaps.

Diesel-9

Total Time
I doubt re-regulation will happen. Things did run much smoother then. They need to change the bankruptcy laws and give an airline 180 days to sell assets, unload aircraft they can't afford and renegotiate pay etc...Having the industry operate with bankrupt carriers for years is incredible. Cater to the weak and punish competentcy. There are many more pilot jobs yes, but most if not all of the new jobs are being flown by people that will never experience the pay, benefits and work rules that were once part of a great profession.

Whiskey Tango

Total Time
SDF2BUF2MCO said:
Partly true but the "silver lining" is there are also more people employed as pilots as a result. Two edge sword perhaps.

And everyone thinks getting a job is competative now. With re-regulation you won't even be called for an interview without Space Shuttle PIC.