Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

Republics E170 Operation Out of Hawaii

I know you Mercury guys are not hiring any time soon but I have some questions about your Hawaiian operations

1. With only 3 separate cities in Hawaii at the moment (Maui could be next) how do your schedules work and how many sectors per day?

2. Is the Hawaii base pretty senior? What year was the least senior FO there hired?

3. Does the flying there get boring after awhile or do you just really enjoy it and the nice weather?

4. Do you get any cost of living bump or is that a pipe dream?

I fly nowhere near sunny Hawaii and I realize no job is perfect but I always thought it would be a great change. I bet the pax like the roomy E170 too.

PMs are welcome.

Last edited:
The most junior FO was hired 1/08 (not kidding). Believe it or not there aren't that many people willing to drop everything and move to Hawaii on two weeks notice.

I know you Mercury guys are not hiring any time soon but I have some questions about your Hawaiian operations

1. With only 3 separate cities in Hawaii at the moment (Maui could be next) how do your schedules work and how many sectors per day?

2. Is the Hawaii base pretty senior? What year was the least senior FO there hired?

3. Does the flying there get boring after awhile or do you just really enjoy it and the nice weather?

4. Do you get any cost of living bump or is that a pipe dream?

I fly nowhere near sunny Hawaii and I realize no job is perfect but I always thought it would be a great change. I bet the pax like the roomy E170 too.

PMs are welcome.

we are not expecting any growth in Hawaii, the lines suck, 8 short legs per day, zero cost of living adjustment. Even if we were hiring there is little to no chance of being based out there, its a small operation, 2 aircraft at the moment.

we are not expecting any growth in Hawaii, the lines suck, 8 short legs per day, zero cost of living adjustment. Even if we were hiring there is little to no chance of being based out there, its a small operation, 2 aircraft at the moment.

I heard the loads are realy low..25-30%..is that true?
If so they wont be in HI very long.

I heard the loads are realy low..25-30%..is that true?
If so they wont be in HI very long.

not sure what the load factors are, all of our codeshare load factors are lumped together when we report to the DOT/SEC. But I can tell you the Midwest loads are not good

not sure what the load factors are, all of our codeshare load factors are lumped together when we report to the DOT/SEC. But I can tell you the Midwest loads are not good

I would think it would be mokulele (whatever) reporting the loads.

Can you imagine a new FO at 23.00hr living in HI? I wouldn't be ready to jump over there either.

Or does Republic give a cost of living adjustment?

Nevermind, that sums it up.

Latest resources

Back