• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic VS. Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nobody should fool themselves - EVERY regional out there is crying out for guys!! Even SkyWest!! All of the mins are falling. What I was suggesting is that he could simply say, "I'd love to come to Republic, but I'd like an assurance that I'd be based in DEN" - If they say "no can do", then you decide if you want the job anyway. I wasn't saying that he should walk in and say "listen, I demand that you give me DEN as a base, or else......"

Are you referring to the contraction that I made for Shuttle/Chautauqua/Republic, or that I said Skywest instead of SkyWest

My God man! It is Reshuttleuplicqua! But I prefer just using Shaniqua when told to follow one.

It was the waist instead waste thing. Had it been once, I would have fought the urge but twice gave me a chuckle. It is twice as amusing because of the context it was used in.

And as stated before myself... Don't believe your airline to be above the shortage. They will and do take pilots that may not be what you deem as quality. It is what the market has presented so the airlines, pilots, and passengers have to deal with the bed corrupt management has made.

It was the waist instead waste thing. Had it been once, I would have fought the urge but twice gave me a chuckle. It is twice as amusing because of the context it was used in.

And as stated before myself... Don't believe your airline to be above the shortage. They will and do take pilots that may not be what you deem as quality. It is what the market has presented so the airlines, pilots, and passengers have to deal with the bed corrupt management has made.

You got me on the waist thing. Nice job. I know for a fact that they hold the low time applicant to the same standard as the high time applicant. We've turned down several applicants from other regionals because they were not what we are looking for. The only requirement that we have lowered is that we now take applicants with 121 time at 850 hours instead of the 1000 hours. That is because they should have quality experience and training. Everybody else is still at the same flight time requirement of 1000. The lowered mins of 850 for 121 guys were lowered long after most regionals lowered there mins. I don't believe that we are above the shortage either, but I don't believe that we will take unqualified candidates as a result of the shortage.

Typical XJT opinion (alot of the XJT folks are brainwashed into thinking that CAL is the ultimate place to work)

I(as well as alot at XJT) have no desire to go to work for CAL. We are all glad that we as a company are moving away from being under their umbrella. The people who voted on the last concessesions(pbs, new hire pay, insurance, what ever else they lost) were the old guys who are not the majority any more. Even though I dont want to go work for them, I dont want them to sell out scope either and I dont believe that they will.

There is a guy in class at Shuttle right now with 550 TT. I know because Im in class with him. However, I believe he had some sort of hookup from ATP.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back