• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most everyone is getting the base they choose. In one month my seniority has risen 120 spots since I was hired. And to placate Boris Badenov, the whole experience sure as hell ain't rosy, but it beats other alternatives. I mean jumping on any plane anytime for the hell of it has a ton of advantages. The whole world is at your fingertips and that's the reason I wanted to go this route. During my vacation I'm going to visit Chichen Itza and Teotihuacan and it'll only cost me $60 in taxes to make the round trip. That's amazing.

Is CRP an easy base to get, or will it be a commute for awhile? And is CRJ training in St Louis and Houston? I thought it was Denver.

170 is STL for Indoc, Systems, and Sim. Sim is also in Montreal.

We had one guy ask for Den and he got it. No one in our class went to IND even though at least one person asked for it. We all went PIT and DCA (other than the 1 who went to DEN).

CRJ is Earth City (near STL) or DEN. ERJ 145 is IND Indoc, STL or IAH systems and sim.

On the whole contract talks. I'm new to the union thing and it amazes me that there isn't a law limiting contract talks to 12-18 months.

Sure, CRP is an easy base to get right now but who knows what will happen in the future. Training is done in St. Louis for ground school and now they're doing indoc there, probably for ease of management, relocation, hotels, etc... We are growing like mad right now. You have to see FLight Safety in St.Louis to believe it. Some training is being done in Denver because the sim in St. Louis is packed. It runs nonstop. I won't speak too much about other programs but the 170 program has two new classes that I've seen so far and I'm glad I didn't get that plane now that I see the big picture. Its all about what you want out of your career.

Our class had lots of former 170 FOs who are now being made captains in the CRJ. It took them 2 years to get there with Republic.

As far as all these questions...I was worrying about all of it before I came on board and once I was here decided to let the wind take me in whatever direction the company wanted to take me. I've enjoyed myself in the process. Sure the roommate thing in training is a drag but if you find sometime through the process that you have a personality conflict, switch, we're all adults. I didn't have any problems but some did. Everything always works out in the end and it has so far for me. The next step for me is sim. I have a break before starting and its paid vacation.

I'll be back in a week.

I won't speak too much about other programs but the 170 program has two new classes that I've seen so far and I'm glad I didn't get that plane now that I see the big picture. Its all about what you want out of your career.

Our class had lots of former 170 FOs who are now being made captains in the CRJ. It took them 2 years to get there with Republic.

What is the big picture?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back