• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to cease operations of Lynx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, jkurtfly, just exactly how should have the Republic pilots "never accepted" the Midwest flying....hmmmmm? What is it...what power do the Republic pilots hold that they can tell their Holding Company that they will not fly, especially in light of the RLA; just how would that have been done?

T8

Not much, but your MEC allowing YX 88 seat rates to go bye bye seems pretty stupid. Your leadership allowing an MEL'd airplane to skirt around the payrates is quite enabling without a whimper.

I'd rather be furloughed and turn down your crappy rates (what every YX pilot is) than fly under your work rules and rates.

Get ready Delta, United, Continental, etc. this blueprint is coming after you.

Not much, but your MEC allowing YX 88 seat rates to go bye bye seems pretty stupid. Your leadership allowing an MEL'd airplane to skirt around the payrates is quite enabling without a whimper.

I'd rather be furloughed and turn down your crappy rates (what every YX pilot is) than fly under your work rules and rates.

Get ready Delta, United, Continental, etc. this blueprint is coming after you.

CL, didn't know you were stalking the thread and advocating for jkurtfly. Your post has some truth...the first two words you typed...."Not much."

It really doesn't matter what I post here because for you, its personal. There are legitimate responses to your interjectional post, but it what ever they would be, regardless of how true they would be, or who it would come from, it will not assuage your bitterness and vitriol.

Fact is, based on your post above, you know little of what is or has happened at RAH, but are satisfied to make the posts that you do. I'm sure that makes you feel good.

The demise of YX, while a tragedy, marks the continued decline of United States air carrier operations. RAH will never replace the brand the YX pilots and flight attendants developed and perfected. RAH will either prosper, stagnate, or go the way of failed LCCs who tried to brand themselves. Irregardless, you blaming a another pilot group for your former company's poor leadership is a poor attempt of misplaced blame, ignorance, unprofessionalism, and, as stated above, something you can do to assuage your bitterness.

Be that as it may, somehow, I don't think that will stop the vitriol from your keyboard on this topic.

T8

CL, didn't know you were stalking the thread and advocating for jkurtfly. Your post has some truth...the first two words you typed...."Not much."

It really doesn't matter what I post here because for you, its personal. There are legitimate responses to your interjectional post, but it what ever they would be, regardless of how true they would be, or who it would come from, it will not assuage your bitterness and vitriol.

Fact is, based on your post above, you know little of what is or has happened at RAH, but are satisfied to make the posts that you do. I'm sure that makes you feel good.

The demise of YX, while a tragedy, marks the continued decline of United States air carrier operations. RAH will never replace the brand the YX pilots and flight attendants developed and perfected. RAH will either prosper, stagnate, or go the way of failed LCCs who tried to brand themselves. Irregardless, you blaming a another pilot group for your former company's poor leadership is a poor attempt of misplaced blame, ignorance, unprofessionalism, and, as stated above, something you can do to assuage your bitterness.

Be that as it may, somehow, I don't think that will stop the vitriol from your keyboard on this topic.

T8

The sad part of this is, it should be personal for you. Look at the crap you put up with and the crap you get compensated for. You are Nero playing the fiddle while Rome burns.

I see you can take a job and be above it while continuing to sell your services to the lowest bidder.

Fact is we turned down your flying at your rates, but you happily do so under the guise of "it's not us it's our leadership."

So be it. May it burn up in bankruptcy.

The sad part of this is, it should be personal for you. Look at the crap you put up with and the crap you get compensated for. You are Nero playing the fiddle while Rome burns.

I see you can take a job and be above it while continuing to sell your services to the lowest bidder.

Fact is we turned down your flying at your rates, but you happily do so under the guise of "it's not us it's our leadership."

So be it. May it burn up in bankruptcy.

And, it may burn up in bankruptcy. These days, it's a crap shoot.

I'm very aware that I have no say in who gets bought, what fleet type is chosen, who gets furloughed, etc. I also know what is involved with the RLA and what a pilot group can and cannot do legally.

So, I may be like you in 5 days, 5 months, or 5 years. But if I am, I'll move on. I won't call another pilot names, or insult another pilot because he works for an airline not as cool as mine--or yours...and become as narcissistic as you have. To become like that, you have to enjoy it. You have to enjoy making yourself look and sound better and say condescending things to pilots you don't like by calling them names and saying vitriolic things about others and the kind of people you think they are, or who don't like what you like.

Life is to short to cut yourself up like that and there is much more out there to see and do...a lot more than this job, this company. Walk away...go help someone who is need...open your self-focused eyes to see there is more to life than this crap shoot of an industry. You my end up not coming back....I'm considering it.

thats the funny thing about pilots- they tend to be super right wing "capitalists" - unless it doesnt work out for them.

Stop complaining and making excuses- it's just life- you'll be fine as soon as you move on and get your "track shoes on" - somebody moved your cheese... don't starve to death coming back to the same spot in the maze where it used to be. Like the ad in ohare for an exec mba "Know it all. Or 'knew it all'" We only live and create in the here and now.

We'd all do a lot of things differently if we were in control- but reality sinks in-- and if we were in control- we'd probably do things different in reality than in the theory we preach about on this board- AND we'd make mistakes along the way. Bottom line- we are often not in control- and our best hope is to keep improving, keep staying ahead of how things are unfurling, and try to position ourselves as best we can. And accept the changes that are occuring, instead of hoping things would work out as planned long ago.

At different times in my life I 'knew' i'd be a United pilot. And an American pilot. And an America West pilot, and a UPS pilot. I landed at Southwest, and i'll work like crazy to keep it that way- but i only hope to retire here. Time will tell. I'll make no rash decisions, but i'll follow my own advice and keep my eyes open.

"The problem with reality is that we tend so much to build up our own version of it."
-chogyam trungpa

Not that i won't be working as hard as i can against Republic and what they represent- or that i really wish midwest and frontier weren't wrapped up in that mess.

Sad thing is all the YX, and F9 furloughs will most likley get stapled to the bottom of the list.

So they got that going for them, which is "nice"!

"Hey look, I got a number at RAH so I can supplement my food stamps!"

Latest resources

Back