Republic Teamsters, please be honest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flying zephyr

I have heard and read all the talk on here about "fair integration", "let's do this right", "pilots need to work together", etc. Well now it's time to put your money where your mouth is. Was this all a lie? The Republic pilots/IBT no show for talks and now say that they won't be able to meet until at the earliest at the end of September. They will say it's a scheduling thing, but we all know the real reason, wait 'til the airplanes are gone and get rid of the pilots.

All of you Republic pilots can look at my posts and see that I have never said anything bad about you and hoped that this would go as you all have said, but now I see the true story and want to know what you all think. I am saddend by this news and expected it, but hoped against hope that maybe you all were going to treat this fairly, now I see the true colors. PROVE ME WRONG. I am used to being lied to by management, but this is low.

I have heard and read all the talk on here about "fair integration", "let's do this right", "pilots need to work together", etc. Well now it's time to put your money where your mouth is. Was this all a lie? The Republic pilots/IBT no show for talks and now say that they won't be able to meet until at the earliest at the end of September. They will say it's a scheduling thing, but we all know the real reason, wait 'til the airplanes are gone and get rid of the pilots.

All of you Republic pilots can look at my posts and see that I have never said anything bad about you and hoped that this would go as you all have said, but now I see the true story and want to know what you all think. I am saddend by this news and expected it, but hoped against hope that maybe you all were going to treat this fairly, now I see the true colors. PROVE ME WRONG. I am used to being lied to by management, but this is low.

Wow, no surprise there. They won't meet with the midwest pilots until all are gone. No loss, time to spend the IBT's, ALPA's and BB's money. Some lawyers as usual will be getting rich.

Trying to talk to any of our EXCO is like talking to a blind deaf retarded person. It is BS that they will not meet! I too hope for a fair intergration for everyone. If we don't band together now then who knows how the next contract will come to play.
With RP XY F9 and Mokulele all having to intergrate we will be almost 4000 pilots strong. We need to show RP and our unions who actually can run this show!
For any of my cohorts, I am sorry but our union and our EXCO needs to go! I am sick of hearing we need to give them a chance... They stole our money! You don't f**K with a persons money!

The honest truth is our EXCO likes to operate beyond the peering eyes of the membership, and we end up finding out about missed meetings from you, not them. Our body of representatives is small and underfunded, and beyond broke thanks to the financial improprieties of our former Local president. They are trying to accomplish a lot with minimal resources. There is the YX, the F9, and the Mokulele integrations, plus legal proceedings that require the attendance of our EXCO and other committee members, and ongoing Section 6 meetings. On top of that, there has been a big push at the local to clear the backlog of grievences that our former legal counsel (and former local president, all the same loser) left us with.

From my experience, most senior list integrations are based upon a seniority list snapshot from the day the transaction was finalized. Any changes in active/furlough status from that date are ignored. SO, a week or two ago the YX deal was finalized. Whoever was an active YX pilot on that day SHOULD be entitled to active pilot considerations in the integration, even if they are furloughed at some point afterwards. I hope that holds up, and I hope an acceptable agreement is reached without unnecessary in-fighting, but we are pilots, afterall.

All I can say is judge based on the end result, NOT the intermediate demands. Both sides will shoot for unrealistic goals at first, and work their way towards a middle ground. That is negotiating. Good luck to all. I look forward to having experienced individuals of diverse backgrounds with fresh perspectives in our cockpits, whichever seat it may be. No one wants to lose seniority or pay, but I do think we have plenty of pilots at RAH who need the insights of F9 and YX pilots to help them become well rounded pilots, and frankly beat the newness out of them. The US Airways J4J pilots did that for me, and I am better for it.

The honest truth is our EXCO likes to operate beyond the peering eyes of the membership, and we end up finding out about missed meetings from you, not them. Our body of representatives is small and underfunded, and beyond broke thanks to the financial improprieties of our former Local president. They are trying to accomplish a lot with minimal resources. There is the YX, the F9, and the Mokulele integrations, plus legal proceedings that require the attendance of our EXCO and other committee members, and ongoing Section 6 meetings. On top of that, there has been a big push at the local to clear the backlog of grievences that our former legal counsel (and former local president, all the same loser) left us with.

After the mess this excuse for a lawyer left you with, I can't beleive they are not going after his family. This is certainly not a ringing endorsement for any future organizing effort if your(our) local is not getting any support from above.

Dragging their feet on merger committee meetings is just poisoning the well and creating an atmosphere that will survive until all involved are either dead or retired. And lining the pockets of more lawyers, then maybe that is the intent all along.

The TA with the F9 pilots for a 2% raise looks like a nice tactic to drive the wedge even deeper :(

Also current negotiations for new contract are ongoing

Also, current negotiations for a new contract are ongoing. New payscales for the 190 and now the added Airbuses will have to be negotiated as well as integrating seniority lists. It won't be done overnight.

Also, current negotiations for a new contract are ongoing. New payscales for the 190 and now the added Airbuses will have to be negotiated as well as integrating seniority lists. It won't be done overnight.

Frontier has pay rates for Airbus.
Midwest has pay rates for 90+ seat aircraft (190's).

That wasn't too hard now wasn't it?

The republic plague is stalling so they can staple ALL midwest pilots, pure and simple, showing them to be the prostitutes they are.

Frontier has pay rates for Airbus.
Midwest has pay rates for 90+ seat aircraft (190's).

That wasn't too hard now wasn't it?

The republic plague is stalling so they can staple ALL midwest pilots, pure and simple, showing them to be the prostitutes they are.

If you consider the RAH group a bunch of prostitutes, then we need to learn from JAY and SILENT BOB! They know how to make a prostitute quit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl3IjeG90mQ

Will you help us or should we just fade away silently?

YX pilots blaming management will have no effect on our situation. Management is making a concerted effort to eradicate every one of us.

Republic Pilots: I've read many posts that state "we're just doing our job," "it's not our fault, we feel bad for the YX guys but there is nothing we can do about it." A comparison that I would draw would be the many war atrocities which have occurred throughout history where the offending parties who committed horrible crimes stated, "it's not our fault, we were following orders." Granted, what's being done to the YX pilots is not nearly as egregious as my example, however, to us this is a life altering experience. I'm also reading posts regarding Republic contract negotiations which state "we have to get our pay up to industry standards for the good of the profession". You came into MKE, under cut our rates until all the YX Pilots are gone AND NOW YOU WANT A PAY RAISE? WHAT ABOUT US! I don't mean to be inflammatory but actions speak louder than words.

F9 Pilots: You were recently on the bubble concerned about your future. You now have a new lease on life. F9 will be flying YX flights under some bogus code share agreement, further ensuring the end of our careers.

We need a grass roots effort from both Republic and Frontier line pilots. WILL YOU HELP?

Latest resources

Back