• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic staff reductions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The fact is the CHQ pilots accepted their contract because they were told they would receive the majority of the Delta flying!!!
Well, that didn't happen now did it?
The fact is we at OH were nearly forced into the pay freeze by the CHQ pilot contract...We were told by tour MEC we needed this just to maintain our fleet numbers, NOT TO GROW.... And the rest is history.
When OH took the freeze/cuts, it was to GAIN 70 seat flying. This was right after OH brought in a pretty 170...everyone at OH thought that meant that by taking the concessionary contract they'd get 170s. Hey, it could have been Q400s for all you knew. You got taken by your MGT (and your MEC had a hand in it); don't blame us for being duped.

"81 hour lines. No junior manning, no real ability to be extended. No hot reserve. Pay isn't that much different from anyone else" We were used to 90+ hr lines with appr. 16 days off, 100% deadhead pay, never got junior manned.
I thought OH still had JM.

?

I don't care what regional you work at even RAH, $120 an hr is complete BS and is the reason DAL couldn't afford you anyway.. Also you went to strike, trying to make a power play on DAL, which just let DAL know that it couldn't depend on you

This pretty much says it all. People like this ARE the probem.

We went on strike to improve our contract you idiot. Only to have you aviation wonders stab us in the back.

Is that what your mec told you about our pay rates? I wouldn't doubt it. I know for a fact you were told at your roadshows that you should accept lower pay than us so you could get more Delta flying.

It's called pattern bargaining. I doubt if you know that term though.

goodpilotithink said:
I know for a fact you were told at your roadshows that you should accept lower pay than us so you could get more Delta flying.

And how do you know this "fact"?

Well unless my friend there (formerly there) just blatently lied while he was AT THE ROADSHOW>>>> how much more evidence does one need...I'll say it again, he called me from the roadshow during a break...

""Well, that didn't happen now did it?""

Ummm, are you saying you didn't receive a ton of flying after the ratification of your contract?? What planet were you on? Comair was experiencing significant growth until the ratification of your contract.. then we were faced with reductions.. Then Mesa/Freedom joined the club then the rest is history.. for me anyway, I left..

No we didn't take a pay freeze for 70 seat flying.. in case you are misinformed, Comair was the first to even have a 70 seater.. And 99% of us saw right through mgmnts. attempt to dangle a E-170 carrot in front of us.. Hardly any pilots showed up to see the almighty static display..We unfortunatley accepted a pay freeze to try to maintain our fleet levels( which obviously didn't work)..

In case you forgot the Comair pilots risked everything in 2001 for 89 days.. Do you honestly think they were offering to give it all up to fly some more 70 seaters... Gimme a break..maybe yoiur pilot group does that but ours certainly didn't!!

In case you forgot the Comair pilots risked everything in 2001 for 89 days.. Do you honestly think they were offering to give it all up to fly some more 70 seaters... Gimme a break..maybe yoiur pilot group does that but ours certainly didn't!![/quote]

You guys gave up everything just to keep your jobs....look at OH's rates now. Talk about undercutting

And what do you care so much for??? You've moved onto greener pastures according to yourself. Don't forget to get the honey pot changed out or the ice and papers!

Last edited:
Oh yeh of little brain.
It was a judge in a court room in new york who made us "accept" those rates.
Why don't you educate yourself before you start spouting your lies on web boards.
Your growth at DCI has only been because you lower the bar by choice.

You guys gave up everything just to keep your jobs....look at OH's rates now. Talk about undercutting

Wow... When you have a BK judge sitting on one side of you holding a gun to your head and management sitting on the other side with a knife on your throat which choice do you make???

When management came to us dangling the e-170 in front of us we knew that the contract LOA they were offering was BS. The LOA had specific timetable for deliveries and embraer did not have slots that would allow the airframes to be delivered on the required schedule.

Well unless my friend there (formerly there) just blatently lied while he was AT THE ROADSHOW>>>> how much more evidence does one need...I'll say it again, he called me from the roadshow during a break...

I was CHQ's union communications chairman at the time. They never said that, nor would they have. I have known the people on the then negotiating committee for 8+ years. I drink beer with them. They would not have even considered such a stance, much less advocated it. You are blinded, stupid or flame-baiting.

Nor were you there in '06 when management approached the CHQ MEC with an offer of growth through the purchase of Comair (with included threat of alter-ego if we did not go along with the program) if we would remove 1 seat from all Comair's CRJ's (they wanted to buy) and take the 37-49 seat pay rate. They were told to go to hell. If this group were truly of the mindset of which you accuse us we would own all your 49 seat CRJ's right now.

Or you might be management. Keep it stirred up with your dis- or mis-information. You and your imaginary friend are completely full of crap.

I was there. You or your friend, or both, are liars.

Who was your friend? PM me his name and I will vet his (and your) credibility.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back