• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well,that's just pathetic. However,not surprising for a company that would rather have a seat go empty on EVERY LEG than negotiate a pay scale for that airframe !

That's because that extra seat wouldn't be able to generate the revenue required to pay the crews fair wages.

It's true. That is what they are offering Midwest Pilots. They can go to RAH as new hires prior to the SLI being completed but they will still need to interview. You can wait until the process is complete but if they don't get enough Midwest or Lynx pilots who are willing to start as a new hire they will be going to the street. I'm sure that will go over well with the media in MKE and DEN.

Midwest pilots interviewing to be new hires at rah? What a crock - like any respectable Middy would work for those pathetic "wages".

LMAO

Who told you that ? You don't need to interview for jack.You'll be on the list,period.All you need is a class date and a base.I look forward to flying with you guys ! I wish we could speed up this process for everybody's benefit,but all sides must be given careful consideration.Did they tell you about signing a vow of poverty ? 'Tis true !

Going there as a new hire doesn't affect our SLI rights in anyway is the official word from RAH HR. This is just a stopgap measure we can go in as new FO's and then will jump to wherever our seniority holds when the list is complete.

It's good business, train me on the plane now and then try and keep me on the same airframe after the SLI, way cheaper than a new hire off the street getting trained then being furloughed when I go to training.

However, with no incentive, noone is doing it. I'm living in base on 3rd yr CA pay, why would I commute to 1st year FO pay. No incentive whatsoever even though it would be good for the company which I think is shortsighted. Pay protect me at my current rate and I'll do it and then you save 40K on training costs.

cale

Cale42 is correct. It's the same with the FA's. Every FUR FA at F9/YX were offered a "pref interview" which meant, show up and pick a class date--seriously, not ONE person was turned down from F9/YX.

Then, worst case scenario, they had a number on the RAH list--if/when the SLI is complete they can pick SN position they wanted. (Whichever was better.) Mgt and the Union actually agreed to this (!) and actively promoted it.

Latest resources

Back