• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic orders 40 C-Series Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hasn't your contract been amendable for 3 years now? So why is it going to get worse before better? It's high time for a new contract and the rates have already been paved for you. By a low cost carrier at that! JB 190 rates plus 2% and COLA. Anything less and it's time to STFD! Bedford isn't going to let his golden goose cease operations, he will give!

just because it is up for renewal doesn't mean the company is going to give them anything more than they have now. They can demand all they want but if the company doesn't give it to them, well what you going to do? The pilots could strike and i think they would have a lot of power to do so. I also understand the desire not to. Kinda hard to pay the bills, feed the family with no income.

One thing to remember, we all are contract feed. Even the wholey owned are still contract feed. Another thing to remember is your perspective, CFI to RAH or any contract feeder is a step up. Legacy/LCC to Contract feed, well we are all bottom feeders. Perspective

Maybe this has been addressed in this thread, but I dont have the time to read all 145 responses. Im assuming Frontier will be the only ones under the Republic brand flying these right? If not, then how the hell do they (and Trans State for that matter) get around the scope clause? Arent most regionals limited to under 90 seats or something?

Pipejockey, why didn't you tow a banner, fly for an aerial photo company, or traffic watch? There are plenty of time building jobs out there to round out your resume, whom all will pay you to boot. Just don't go pissing on other people because you SUSPECT they are low time or not worthy.

Are you kidding me? Tow banners, traffic watch, ariel photo's? Well you called those jobs actually what they are, mere time building. Time that goes only to filling out boxes in a log book to meet some regional airlines mins. Doing those jobs builds absolutely NO airline experience. So what if someone's dad had their own airplane, a beech duchess lets say, and they droned around in VMC, daytime for hours and hours. Pretty much all 3 of those jobs you mentioned accomplish no more than that. Also, airnet doesn't even have any turbine equipment they use in that program anyway do they? You're not actually comparing a Cherokee or something, to a Metro are you? Would you criticize that person who built his time in a family owned Duchess? I'll take the pilot that flew turbine equipment as SIC for a reputable 135 carrier who has already had a taste of airline training, and actual line operations any day over someone droning around in a GA aircraft. Am I saying those 3 jobs you mentioned are invalid? No! I'm saying there are other ways where you can build experience in addition to mere flight time.

So how about you not pissing on other people because you don't like the way they built some of their experience. Sitting in a seat that is going to go up empty anyway is no harm no foul to anybody. No where in that are you lowering the bar for airline pilots nationwide. Republic pilots flying 90 seaters for 50 seat pay is another matter. All these mainline guys that went to Continental Express, Business Express, and the litany of other regional airlines back in the day is also another matter.

Are you kidding me? Tow banners, traffic watch, ariel photo's? Well you called those jobs actually what they are, mere time building. Time that goes only to filling out boxes in a log book to meet some regional airlines mins. Doing those jobs builds absolutely NO airline experience. So what if someone's dad had their own airplane, a beech duchess lets say, and they droned around in VMC, daytime for hours and hours. Pretty much all 3 of those jobs you mentioned accomplish no more than that. Also, airnet doesn't even have any turbine equipment they use in that program anyway do they? You're not actually comparing a Cherokee or something, to a Metro are you? Would you criticize that person who built his time in a family owned Duchess? I'll take the pilot that flew turbine equipment as SIC for a reputable 135 carrier who has already had a taste of airline training, and actual line operations any day over someone droning around in a GA aircraft. Am I saying those 3 jobs you mentioned are invalid? No! I'm saying there are other ways where you can build experience in addition to mere flight time.

So how about you not pissing on other people because you don't like the way they built some of their experience. Sitting in a seat that is going to go up empty anyway is no harm no foul to anybody. No where in that are you lowering the bar for airline pilots nationwide. Republic pilots flying 90 seaters for 50 seat pay is another matter. All these mainline guys that went to Continental Express, Business Express, and the litany of other regional airlines back in the day is also another matter.

Dude, you need to shut up. You're talking out your a$$ and it shows.

eP.

I'm saying there are other ways where you can build experience in addition to mere flight time.

So how about you not pissing on other people because you don't like the way they built some of their experience. Sitting in a seat that is going to go up empty anyway is no harm no foul to anybody.

So where did this money that you paid them for this "experience" go?

I'm guessing the owners' pockets.

So where did this money that you paid them for this "experience" go?

I'm guessing the owners' pockets.

And where did the money that you paid to rent planes to time build in or "share costs" go? I'm guessing the FBO or the owners pockets? It all costs money. You want to fly up and down the beach dragging some ridiculous banner? Go for it! Thats fine. I'm not condemning you. I am condemning all the Repukelick punks that keep lowering the bar on the airline pilot profession by creating an environment that is conducive to the regional airlines flying ever larger planes for ever smaller paychecks. We're not talking about banner towers, airnet SIC's, Ameriflight SICS, or whoever else you bottom feeders want to talk about to make you feel better about yourselves.

And where did the money that you paid to rent planes to time build in or "share costs" go? I'm guessing the FBO or the owners pockets? It all costs money.

When I paid it went towards my education (degree), and when I did "time build" it was teaching, therefore I didn't pay.

You've said that you paid for a position that was not necessary.. That's like paying for a FE position in a Piper Seneca.

When I paid it went towards my education (degree), and when I did "time build" it was teaching, therefore I didn't pay.

Hats off to you brother. I also put myself through college and built my time with hard work. Too many guys/gals taking short-cuts, then claiming they "paid their dues". It's always obvious when they're in the cockpit: they punch the right buttons like any monkey...and bring the 'tude' with zero humility.
Guess who sits on their hands when they fly with me?

You people are something else! You whine and cry and complain about how people are acquiring the experience necessary to get hired to fly a jetliner full of people, while regional pilot group after regional pilot group just keep racing to lower the bar. Talk about a lack of focus on priorities and what really matters for the future viability of this profession.

Hey crashpad, when you were an FO flying with all those CA's that first got hired at places like Comair, Business Express, Coex, Colgan and the list goes on and on, back in the 90's and earlier who truly were loud and proud PFTers, did you try to make them sit on their hands? How did that work out for you? Oh, I see, you're probably thinking since PFTing was required back then, it was acceptable. Just the way things were huh? What a bunch of self righteous hypocrites!

Oh and you don't want to talk about hard work with me! You have no idea the number of hours I put in doing grunt work throughout the 90's when getting even a regional job required 2500 hours and was remote. I busted my a** working 60+ hours a week in hard physical labor while going to college at night to get my degree. It was because of that I had the money to get the kind of experience that was far closer to a 121 passenger airline than towing freaking banners, or teaching some Dr. or lawyer how to fly a 172. As I said before, if people want to go that route, then fine!

The people truly lowering the bar on this profession are the rj folks that salivate at the quickest upgrades at places like republic and roll over and play dead whenever management tells them they can't get a raise. And the mainline pilots who give up scope like it were water!

Last edited:
I don't recall too many PFTers back then, mostly experienced guys.
Just one question: Is your degree from Everetts or the University of Phoenix?
Yeah, that's what I thought........"Next"

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back