• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic orders 40 C-Series Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just like you did with the 190's. Try being realistic man; you're working for the #1 company that is ruining the industry. I don't know how you sleep at night.

It's quite simple really. By the time they get done jacking off to all the pictures of their company's E170-190-195 and now the C-Series of jets, they are so exhausted they have no choice but to sleep. Has anyone noticed that their Midwest branded planes don't even have an..."operated by repukelick airlines" painted anywhere on it in small print at least? Their passengers are totally oblivious to the fact that they are not being flown by an experienced, well trained and adequately compensated cockpit crew, but in fact are actually being flown by FO's with less than 1000 hours and CA's with not much more.

You're right. I just read between the lines.

But surely anyone who paid to fly the right seat in a Metro at Ameriflight should have the credibility to tell off the Republic pilots. :erm:

Pipejockey= pwned! Bah ! Mr. Buy-A-Job talks about inexperienced crews..What a joke.

I bet he doesn't reply to this thread again!!!!!!

Are you kidding me? Why the h*ll not? A 7 year old post? Let me repeat that for some of the slooower folks here like the self proclaimed sausage king who instead is probably nothing more than the king of fudge packing. A 7 YEAR OLD POST! A sub 1000 hour new hire you say? I didn't mention all the useless single engine Cessna time did I? I only mentioned the Multi and turbine time I had. Flying around the pattern for a thousand hours in a 172 is not going to better help you handle an airline job. I indeed had over 1000 hours.

And as far as Ameriflight...how in the hell is serving as an SIC in a metro for a part 135 cargo operation 10 years ago considered "buying a job"? Hey fudge packer, you can't buy a job that doesn't exist. The plane went whether the sic showed up or not. And with congress thankfully trying to get new hire minimums at 1500 total and an ATP, programs like Ameriflight's may be the best way to get new guys the airline experience necessary to not only get the 1500 but to get the real world experience in all kinds of weather and icing and environments they will encounter when they get to the regionals.

But seeing as how simple minded you are, I imagine that you would rather they drone around the sky in severe clear in a 172 or light twin for 1500 hours. Now go get a life because you surely have absolutely none if you can scrounge through 7 YEAR OLD POSTS! You bottom feeder!!

Oh and I might also add that 7 YEARS AGO, Chiiitaqua was not republic that I am aware of and was just another run of the mill RJ operator flying 50 seats or less. Now they consist of what was something like 3 different airlines flying 170-190 series of aircraft for 50 seat pay and who are getting 130 seaters which I am sure they will fly for cheap, not to mention how they put Midwest out of business and will destroy Frontier as well. What do you think those 130 seaters are going to be doing?

If you want to talk about buying a job, you best talk to all your fine colleagues who lined up around the block up until the late 90's or so, to actually get a job as a REQUIRED crewmember for just about all the main regionals of the time.

Last edited:
Considering Republic hasn't hired in almost 2 years, I doubt any FO has less than 1000 hours. And I think I read their Captain minumums were over 3000 hours.

Really? Then they must pull that bullsh*t where they count every 1 hour of sic at Repukelick, as 2 hours total for the purposes of meeting the 3,000 hour upgrade mins. Their junior CA's have been on the job 3 years. And with all the 500 hour or less new hires the regionals were hiring, most would need more than 3 years to get the 3,000 hours. And how would you explain how they pulled off getting 3,000 hours back when upgrades were 1 year?

Last edited:
Really? Then they must pull that bullsh*t where they count every 1 hour of sic at Repukelick, as 2 hours total for the purposes of meeting the 3,000 hour upgrade mins. Their junior CA's have been on the job 3 years. And with all the 500 hour or less new hires the regionals were hiring, most would need more than 3 years to get the 3,000 hours. And how would you explain how they pulled off getting 3,000 hours back when upgrades were 1 year?

RAH had hiring minimums of 1500/300 (with the exception of Delta Connection Academy, who needed only 800tt) until sometime in Q2'2007...and many pilots hired at that time had flown for places like CorpEx, Piedmont, Great Lakes, PSA, etc and didn't have any problem meeting the 1500/300 minimums or having enough time to upgrade to captain.

Latest resources

Back