• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic orders 40 C-Series Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The difference is you're speaking in hypotheticals versus what the RAH group just DID IN REAL LIFE (ie 50% DROP in rates taking flying from a mainline group).

Midwest was never Mainline, you need to get over yourself. That's like saying SunCountry is mainline! You were a regional airline that flew boeing's version of a regional aircraft.

Last edited:
Midwest was never Mainline, you need to get over yourself. That's like saying SunCountry is mainline! You were a regional airline that flew boeing's version of a regional aircraft.

To clarify your statement oh wise one. MIDWEST was a non-legacy carrier using mainline equipment and we also operated our own regional brand. So yes, we were MAINLINE!

Where the hell did he say that? Nowhere. He'd say the exact opposite, which makes his point even more valid...that you have idiots flying large aircraft for less money than other pilots flying aircraft 1/3 the size!

If you're making crap money flying a 37 seater, and someone makes crappier money flying a 100 seater, I think it's ok to point that out.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!

I love flying! I love my job (I wouldn't like to deal with some of the crap that comes along with it however)... But it pains many to watch people taxi'ing around in 100 seat jets that pay crap. But thats how the industry has turned and like I said..... It is what it is!!

But Surf, how did that happen? Chautauqua and Mesa just didn't magically appear with jets. Your union, ALPA, with eyes wide open to the AAA MEC's intent, signed on the line and gave them the scope relief in 1995 (AAA Rakesh? Remember that name? Babbit? Remember that one?) Again in 2003 with the increase to 86 seats. Seems to me that PDT, along with ALG were thrown under the bus back then. But, you need to claim some ownership to your "pain" if you are still paying dues. I despise the pat rates at RAH, but, as a dues paying member, I'm involved trying to affect change. It may take some time, but I'm optimistic.

I responded earlier with the "you...too?" because it seems unlike you to be a conformer and jump on the Republic bashing threads...kinda surprised me.

T8

The difference is you're speaking in hypotheticals versus what the RAH group just DID IN REAL LIFE (ie 50% DROP in rates taking flying from a mainline group).

Here we go again. It's all the pilot's fault. Those mean RAH pilots.

Where the hell did he say that? Nowhere. He'd say the exact opposite, which makes his point even more valid...that you have idiots flying large aircraft for less money than other pilots flying aircraft 1/3 the size!

If you're making crap money flying a 37 seater, and someone makes crappier money flying a 100 seater, I think it's ok to point that out.

I think it is ok and fair to point out that it is PDT's 4th or 5th contract compared to the Chautauqua contract that was ratified in 2003 and presently 5 carriers that represent RAH negotiate are negotiating a new contract. I wouldn't shoot the horse, yet. It's about to get interesting with the seniority arbitration and contract amalgamations, etc.

I think it is ok and fair to point out that it is PDT's 4th or 5th contract compared to the Chautauqua contract that was ratified in 2003 and presently 5 carriers that represent RAH negotiate are negotiating a new contract. I wouldn't shoot the horse, yet. It's about to get interesting with the seniority arbitration and contract amalgamations, etc.

I don't think it should matter which contract it was. If pilots would demand industry standard work rules and pay at the first contract (I realize it's not easy), you'd never get regional airlines that expand so quickly because they are so cheap.

But the pilots at those regionals are only there for the quick upgrade, so they don't mind. Unfortunately they bring down the whole industry's pay rates. The "quick upgrade" is a cancer, and the excuse that the airline is too young is bogus.

I don't think it should matter which contract it was. If pilots would demand industry standard work rules and pay at the first contract (I realize it's not easy), you'd never get regional airlines that expand so quickly because they are so cheap.

But the pilots at those regionals are only there for the quick upgrade, so they don't mind. Unfortunately they bring down the whole industry's pay rates. The "quick upgrade" is a cancer, and the excuse that the airline is too young is bogus.

No, it is not that easy. Just ask the boys at PSA what happened in 2002 to get jets on their property.

Latest resources

Back