Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic hiring Midwest pilots as Check Airmen!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

707eng

whats the deal with this? I've been told this is only being offered to furloughed YX guys. Sounds like Republic is growing their training center. Thses guys gonna be management?

We are eagerly awaiting the 100% bust rate on all PC's and type rides. Sounds like some good times ahead.

If this is true, it could be a good deal for all involved. The YX guys get back to work, and you guys get to benefit from their experience.

I am all for having experienced instructors. That said, I still think you ought to be a line pilot to qualify for check airman. When the YX guys get a number on the master list, then they are more than welcome to run the sims and all that. But RAH does not use "management" pilots for check airmen, and I don't want to start that precedent now. Line pilots look after line pilots. Management pilots do as they are told, or else they let go. That may not be the case everywhere, but at RAH, management dictates downward only. There is only one way to do things, and it is rarely your own.

I think the real thought to take away from all this is that RAH feels that they do not have nearly enough check airman in the short term. Our current check airmen are not really over worked, and there are still viable candidates on the line who would like to step up. I think there is some major need for high training output. Growth, perhaps. A rebid of seat/aircraft expected from the SLI arbitrator, possibly. But one thing is for sure, more check airmen means more training.

I am all for having experienced instructors. That said, I still think you ought to be a line pilot to qualify for check airman. When the YX guys get a number on the master list, then they are more than welcome to run the sims and all that. But RAH does not use "management" pilots for check airmen, and I don't want to start that precedent now. Line pilots look after line pilots. Management pilots do as they are told, or else they let go. That may not be the case everywhere, but at RAH, management dictates downward only. There is only one way to do things, and it is rarely your own.

I think the real thought to take away from all this is that RAH feels that they do not have nearly enough check airman in the short term. Our current check airmen are not really over worked, and there are still viable candidates on the line who would like to step up. I think there is some major need for high training output. Growth, perhaps. A rebid of seat/aircraft expected from the SLI arbitrator, possibly. But one thing is for sure, more check airmen means more training.

Or maybe they are getting pressure to actually have a real training department. If the training department, if you can actually call it such, is anything like 7 years ago, it was a joke.

I guess in memory of the miracle of 30 years ago maybe BB will pull another one with the decision to put Midwest training department folks to work developing a real training department. By far best training I've come across.

They are "line" pilots, rememeber you stole their jobs for a fraction of the price. Maybe you will actually learn from them, I highly doubt they are going to be vindictive. They will most likely be nothing but professional. They deserve those jobs though.

Totally agree that check airmen need to be line pilots but is this in your contract? And even if it is, RAH management seems to do whatever it wants and just thumbs it's nose at your contract. They seem enjoy flaunting their lack of respect for you guys. They are just dripping with arrogance.

Unbelievable! Midwest pilots taking jobs that Republic pilots want! Hey it's not the pilots fault. It's just company business. They have no say in who gets to be check airman. Those Midwest guys should refuse to take those jobs and......... oh, never mind.
Karma.

Airtran has already hired several Midwest guys, and they start soon. Can see the AD already in MKE, Airtran hires laidoff Midwest pilots that Republic refused to hire.
Airtran keeping its promise to the MKE community !! Go theres nothing stopping you.

They are "line" pilots, rememeber you stole their jobs for a fraction of the price. Maybe you will actually learn from them, I highly doubt they are going to be vindictive. They will most likely be nothing but professional. They deserve those jobs though.

Good Lord man...How did a line pilot steal another companies line pilot's job? Line pilots do not make the decision on what to fly, nor can they do anything about it. We do what we are told unless it is against the contract. That is just as bad as the rampers treating us bad because we, AE, start serving a city that is/was served by AA. It is marketing/customer who decides where we fly not the line pilot.

Here at Eagle, anyone in the training center is management. They have a senority number but it isn't used. The IOE/Line Check airman are line guys though.

Latest resources

Back