Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic hiring Midwest pilots as Check Airmen!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good Lord man...How did a line pilot steal another companies line pilot's job? Line pilots do not make the decision on what to fly, nor can they do anything about it. We do what we are told unless it is against the contract. That is just as bad as the rampers treating us bad because we, AE, start serving a city that is/was served by AA. It is marketing/customer who decides where we fly not the line pilot.

Here at Eagle, anyone in the training center is management. They have a senority number but it isn't used. The IOE/Line Check airman are line guys though.

Are the people doing sim checks line guys? If not that is plain wrong.

Alaska used to do this stuff as a cost cutting measure. Hire guys at a fraction of Line Pilot salaries to do all the instruction EXCEPT the check rides. That way you don't have to pay Line Captain salaries for guys in the training center.

I lost interest with the "Midwest guys sealing RAH pilot jobs". GOOD GRIEF. Wow you guys amaze me..............TOOLS

Airtran has already hired several Midwest guys, and they start soon. Can see the AD already in MKE, Airtran hires laidoff Midwest pilots that Republic refused to hire.
Airtran keeping its promise to the MKE community !! Go theres nothing stopping you.

I think Airtran should buy the billboards on 119 (road to MKE terminal) that once advertised the Signature seating. Hang those ads there.

I am all for having experienced instructors. That said, I still think you ought to be a line pilot to qualify for check airman. When the YX guys get a number on the master list, then they are more than welcome to run the sims and all that. But RAH does not use "management" pilots for check airmen, and I don't want to start that precedent now. Line pilots look after line pilots. Management pilots do as they are told, or else they let go. That may not be the case everywhere, but at RAH, management dictates downward only. There is only one way to do things, and it is rarely your own.

I think the real thought to take away from all this is that RAH feels that they do not have nearly enough check airman in the short term. Our current check airmen are not really over worked, and there are still viable candidates on the line who would like to step up. I think there is some major need for high training output. Growth, perhaps. A rebid of seat/aircraft expected from the SLI arbitrator, possibly. But one thing is for sure, more check airmen means more training.

This statement is not true. Most of the pilots giving checkrides are line pilots, but there are a few that never flew the line at Republic and are not on the list. Those pilots were hired strictly to give check rides in the sim.

They are "line" pilots, rememeber you stole their jobs for a fraction of the price. Maybe you will actually learn from them, I highly doubt they are going to be vindictive. They will most likely be nothing but professional. They deserve those jobs though.

Apparently you didn't learn anything, since you're still talking about stolen jobs. Saying something like that just sounds very immature.

How would JG, Midwests old head of ground training, other job fit in with the Reverend? That would be funny!

They are "line" pilots, rememeber you stole their jobs for a fraction of the price. Maybe you will actually learn from them, I highly doubt they are going to be vindictive. They will most likely be nothing but professional. They deserve those jobs though.

Yup, that's what I did. I walked right in there and said give me all your jobs. Totally my decision. Bedford asked what should he do and I told him "I got it" and took the airline over. That's what I did. You got me. Idiot!

I am all for having experienced instructors. That said, I still think you ought to be a line pilot to qualify for check airman. When the YX guys get a number on the master list, then they are more than welcome to run the sims and all that. But RAH does not use "management" pilots for check airmen, and I don't want to start that precedent now. Line pilots look after line pilots. Management pilots do as they are told, or else they let go. That may not be the case everywhere, but at RAH, management dictates downward only. There is only one way to do things, and it is rarely your own.

I think the real thought to take away from all this is that RAH feels that they do not have nearly enough check airman in the short term. Our current check airmen are not really over worked, and there are still viable candidates on the line who would like to step up. I think there is some major need for high training output. Growth, perhaps. A rebid of seat/aircraft expected from the SLI arbitrator, possibly. But one thing is for sure, more check airmen means more training.

MM, I stick up for you guys a lot but I think you're barking up the wrong tree here.

RAH has historically had guys off the seniority list doing sim rides, and for goodness sakes why not have some poor YX dudes fill the spot?! I don't think it was your intention, but seriously, some guys on the list are wanting LCA/SCA letters and might have to wait? That comes off as massively selfish. Seems like a small price to pay to get some guy who was royally screwed (NOT by the pilot group, but you get the point) off the street.

Yup, that's what I did. I walked right in there and said give me all your jobs. Totally my decision. Bedford asked what should he do and I told him "I got it" and took the airline over. That's what I did. You got me. Idiot!

Diet Coke sucks, but Coke Zero isn't that bad...Of course it still has Aspartame.

Latest resources

Back