• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic gone in 2011?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pretty bold move to bite the hand that feeds you. When RAH purchased Midwest and Frontier that's exactly what happened. Did anyone think DAL and UAL wouldn't notice a feeder was in direct competition? I'm sure the capacity agreements run for a while, but new business is scarce.

After what they pulled with the lack of integration of Midwest Airlines crew members, not many people will feel bad for RAH.

Karma can be a real bitch.

THAT IS THE TRUTH!!!

Those REpublic PFTers are gonna get whats comming to them- its a small industry and they stole enough flying from my airline to make me never want to lend them a helping hand ever!

Frontier is a gonner, Republic even more so. That amalgamation of regional feeders isn't going to work this time just like it never worked in the past. We have to get rid of all republic flying across the board.

Just like USAir was? It was made up of bits and pieces of regional airlines and it is still one big regional. Look at how dysfunctional CAL was in the late 80's under Lorenzo. CAL planes were showing up doing Eastern flights and the holding company owned Texas Air and New York Air. It all worked out and they're still somewhat around. Never say never in this industry, but I'm sure someone like yourself already knows that.

Frontier is a gonner, Republic even more so. That amalgamation of regional feeders isn't going to work this time just like it never worked in the past. We have to get rid of all republic flying across the board.

I am drinking to that:

A simple yet perfect concoction - Traditional English Brown Ale

USA Today had an "uplifting" article on Frontier and The Preacher today. Sounded much more positive than the article on page one of this thread.

Gup

that guy is no genius!! he couldn't even make money in hawaii competing against mesa, bye bye frontier and republic!!!

THAT IS THE TRUTH!!!

Those REpublic PFTers are gonna get whats comming to them- its a small industry and they stole enough flying from my airline to make me never want to lend them a helping hand ever!

Classic, a UsAir East puke talking about stealing anything is quite funny......get back to your DOH seat grab.

Last edited:
Delta takes note and never forgets. RAH has handed them an opportunity to not renew this regional feed next time around. Another couple of regionals gone I'm afraid.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back