• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic gone in 2011?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many times over the last decade did we all hear "US Airways is a goner"?

What about "United is a goner" during their 3-year BK process?

Republic (and all the airlines it owns) isn't going anywhere during this 12 months - to believe otherwise is simply wishful thinking.

The last time I looked into it, the branded flying wasn't making a lot of money (first three q's of '09). What are the numbers looking like for 2010?

The addition of the airbus from F9 should have dropped the casm a bit, but the increase in fuel cost must be putting some pressure on branded flying profits (as it has done to a lot of airlines). Personally I wouldn't put much faith into one analyst's opinion, just a bunch of monkeys throwing darts at a board.

I could see a merger of virgin amercia,jetblue and frontier and called "virgin blue" ....it would give them a great coast to coast route structure which would allow for growth and competition against southwest, IMHO.

OK!! Then Virgin Blue will team up with Skywest to provide a regional feed with turbo props.
Oh, wait! That's been done already, down in Kangaroo Land. Haahaa

THAT IS THE TRUTH!!!

Those REpublic PFTers are gonna get whats comming to them- its a small industry and they stole enough flying from my airline to make me never want to lend them a helping hand ever!

Huh? Aren't you pullung for DOH for the republic sli? Isn't that the "gold standard?"

Hypocrite.

Huh? Aren't you pullung for DOH for the republic sli? Isn't that the "gold standard?"

Did you know....hold onto your seats, the F9 dudes opened with a "staple"... Oh the nerve of them!!!

Did you know....hold onto your seats, the F9 dudes opened with a "staple"... Oh the nerve of them!!!
And after the opening positions were exchanged, whatever they may have been, they had - gasp - negotiations, mediated negotiations, and (the uppity fools) arbitration!!!

The nerve of us to use the proscribed process to combine groups, (not a narrow body LCC with a similar carrier, but apples with apples and also with apple seeds.) And 14 months of this process? Why didn't we just settle it in 16 hours? (since four hours was good enough for two groups according to SWAPA, 16 hours should work for four.)

Oh yeha, we shouldn't forget that all this took place after RAH beat SWA at auction to sponsor the FRNT plan of reorganization. Completed SLI wasn't a precondition of the sale for RAH - something that CK and GK didn't have the stroke for in 2009.

Go back to your own SLI. It should provide plenty of entertainment for you.

Just curious Mr. FAPA, what was your FINAL position from FAPA that the arbitrator has on his desk to work with? I know, I just want to hear it from you.

Gup

Great Googely-Boogely, SWA guys! Give it up! It's OVER! Please! Get a life!

Seriously!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back