Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dorkpilot said:
Kind of.

The pilot group wanted to make a stand w/PDT and said no to mgmt with a vote. The very senior MEC over rode the pilot group and voila, we sold out and the PSA MEC which has been replaced, stabbed PDT in the back.

I don't recall ST being "very senior" back then. Then again, maybe he was senior on the PSA roster. Perhaps you could post his DOH. The most senior 100 pilots at PDT and ALG had DOHs of 1967 to 1987.

I do remember a very junior PSA pilot group, relative to the ALG and PDT rosters, which relagated many PSA pilots fairly low own the combined seniority list that was developed by the three Wholly Owned MECs. That list eventually became known as "the CEL."

The rest is history. It is true that PSA's then MEC refused a ratification vote by the PSA pilot group. I also remember the PSA pilot group's reaction.

T8

He was about #35 of approx. 320 pilots at the time. Close to the top 10%

Compared to the ALG/PDT list he would not be senior. Hired in '90

Lesson

Think DP or US Air managment is trying to teach us a lesson?
Stand up and demand better wages and QOL and we will transfer your flying to another carrier. Go Jets, Chautauqua, Republic, Mesa, Colgan, Shuttle, they are all waiting for the chance to take the flying.
So when Q400's go to PDT for a vote, remember PSA. If you vote NO to a contract freeze they will move your flying elsewhere. Stand up to management and you will suffer the consequences. You cannot and will not get a resonable standard of living. That is only applicable to management.

Yes sounds like a another great fuel saving system.

ex j-41 said:
So when Q400's go to PDT for a vote, remember PSA. Stand up to management and you will suffer the consequences.
You have ACARS? That's one less degree of control.

Over the past week, I've completely quit calling ops on the ramp to get Shalaqu'annd'''aaa and Tariq to put down their cell phones and marshal us in. I've stopped calling for catering. I'll tell them we don't move until the lav gets de-turded, but won't keep reminding them the tank's still stocked with trout. I won't call for fuel, again... I refuse to do a danged thing- since his attitude regarding our pay is out there as "heresy." I'm paid to fly the machine, so that's the scope of "I Make US Fly" in my book.

Screw the DOT numbers.
Screw Doug, right now.
Screw this place. That's a lot of manpower that -the original word here was a feminine hygeine product- bag just lost across both of our pilot groups. Enjoy filling that A330 when a handful of pax are on my plane at the top of the gate... and it's Sunday... and raining...

*** The whole thing makes me sick, guys. A wholly-owned work action is in order. Feck ALPA and the RLA- until the transitive property of seats/pay is acknowleged (hey! you don't deserve MORE for more seats, ergo you don't deserve LESS for fewer) or the equipment stays out of the competitors' hands, we put the hurt on ya in the PHL cash cow.

Last edited:
Good on ya Sig......

ex j-41 said:
Rumor in CLT is that Republic is going to be flying the CRJ 900's that PSA was negotiating on. Seem that Chautauqua/Republic will do it for less. Or US Air management is not willing to keep them inhouse.

Can anyone confirm the rumor?

What is it with FI folks and their need to have the most views/responses to their new thread? So lets lie to get peoples interest peaked. What is this - the mainstream media? Notice the Topic - Republic GETS 900's. And then asks to confirm a rumor? Who gets their jollies off this stuff? I'm sure there will be pages of endless debate...

Over the past week, I've completely quit calling ops on the ramp to get Shalaqu'annd'''aaa and Tariq to put down their cell phones and marshal us in. I've stopped calling for catering. I'll tell them we don't move until the lav gets de-turded, but won't keep reminding them the tank's still stocked with trout. I won't call for fuel, again... I refuse to do a danged thing- since his attitude regarding our pay is out there as "heresy." I'm paid to fly the machine, so that's the scope of "I Make US Fly" in my book.

Ya the other day we were 10 min to departure so i decided to call ops to find out about the fuel. Well i got "Its already been called in". So we sat, then we sat some more then the capt couldn't take it anymore and called it in. Ops asked why we didn't call "Before" our departure time. Ahhhhhh We did.
Just another delay because of "Crew".

But what gets me frustrated with the company is that we are so very underpaid and hotels, overnights, schedules all suck they still try to increase Morale with putting a POOL table in the Crew room. What are you thinking. We are tired and overworked we need QUIET not a game room. But thanks for thinking of us. Somewhere somehow you thought it was a good idea. Thanks for the thought. Now how about doing something about the 5 junior man calls i got last month?

ex j-41 said:
Now how about doing something about the 5 junior man calls i got last month?
Break the plane. It's that simple.

Break the god dammed plane on every leg- at an outstation.

and before any gold medal special olympians chime in: "Break the plane" is a euphemism for "write something up," not sabotage the airplane. Ain't no perfect plane anywhere, anytime- and we know it.

Last edited:
It's not hard to look for grounding items these days....

Check out the log can for recent write ups when you get bored. Some are just flat entertaining.

Latest resources

Back