Republic Gets US Airways 900's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PropPiedmont said:
But, D.P. (not double penetration) said in the August CLT Crew News session that at mainline they only have two pay scales. Widebody, which includes the 75, and narrowbody. D.P. must have grown a heart and decided to do away with the E190 pay scale and move it to the narrowbody scale. He said, "Doesn't matter how many people sit behind you, you should get paid the same." When will he make this announcement?

Very good point!

Didn't D.P. make the comment at the last "Town Hall" B.S. about flying the 900 for 700 rates that "the days of flying larger aircraft for more money are over..." I don't care what anyone says about D.P. He might know a few more things than the rest of piss poor mngmt. USAIR used to have, but he's still in mgmnt. He is going to do everything possible to make this airline survive, and if that means cutting pay, giving more mainline flying to the contract carriers, then he is no different than anyone else...

ALGFLYR said:
I have been thinking this same thing. If US Air flys the 900's at PSA, they have to finance those A/C. Letting them go to Republic gets them out of that and leaves capital for new Dashes.

That's not necessarily true. During BK#1 it was discovered that U Group made significant investment in Mesa's aircraft and others. It was a favorite negotiating ploy of the Wolf and Gangball regime to tell ALPA that jets at the contract carriers cost U nothing; it was their reasoning for not putting jets at the w/os. However, in the BK filings it clearly showed otherwise.

The only reason they placed jets at PSA was because the DO328 was in need of replacement and RJ's were the only logical thing to do at that point.

Personally, I believe they wanted most or all of the jets at the contract carriers for the purpose of unsettling and dividing labor groups. Guess what: Success!!!

Quack said:
Didn't D.P. make the comment at the last "Town Hall" B.S. about flying the 900 for 700 rates that "the days of flying larger aircraft for more money are over..." I don't care what anyone says about D.P. He might know a few more things than the rest of piss poor mngmt. USAIR used to have, but he's still in mgmnt. He is going to do everything possible to make this airline survive, and if that means cutting pay, giving more mainline flying to the contract carriers, then he is no different than anyone else...

Holy sh!t. Do you have a M.B.A.?????? You just figured out how every business manager is trained in this world. Minimize cost and maximize income.

Just from what i hear in the crewroom is that there will be a complete meltdown at PSA if we get screwed.

What we need is mainline and PDT to back us up. Can you imagine if PSA lost the deal because Doug P was too greedy to give the F/O's a step towards a livable wage? We need a program like CHAOS. Remember what labor day stands for!

ex j-41 said:
Remember what labor day stands for!

...?

A day off for people with real jobs?

Or is it something about white? Now we can't wear it. Or maybe we have to. ********************.

BeCareful! said:
The only reason they placed jets at PSA was because the DO328 was in need of replacement and RJ's were the only logical thing to do at that point.
Not to start a wholly-owned war, but wasn't the reason PSA got jets because they underbid PDT and ALG?

LearLove said:
not exactly but something along thoes lines.

There was a substantial amount of backstabbing involved...

But then agian, I sure am proud of the PSA guys and gals for making a stand. Again... Well done!

G2T said:
Not to start a wholly-owned war, but wasn't the reason PSA got jets because they underbid PDT and ALG?

Kind of.

The pilot group wanted to make a stand w/PDT and said no to mgmt with a vote. The very senior MEC over rode the pilot group and voila, we sold out and the PSA MEC which has been replaced, stabbed PDT in the back.

Latest resources

Back