Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic/Frontier/Midwest SLI Arbitration?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And that is the problem with this purchase. Now we have faaar more pilots (really only CA's) who are willing to hang out for a while longer to see what happens. That really hurts the career expectations of the FO's as upgrade times begin to stretch towards LCC upgrade times (while being stuck with REALLY poor pay/workrules). The traditional "get in, upgrade, get out" model has been disrupted. I really don't care how the list shakes out just so long as there are giant fences between the two groups, mainline: YX and F9, and FFD: RW, RP, S5.

You're right. The dynamics of how things are supposed to work have been disrupted by this unholy mess. We have become just another stagnant regional with Mesa work rules. Hopefully the hiring at the majors starts before we begin the massive furloughs as we lose our FFD contracts.

The whole IBT 300 senior guys at the top appears to be a double edged sword. If that happens senior FO's on the bus will then be able to jump in their seats when they leave for an Airbus seat, ( it's only fair right?) Massive stagnation and the inability to get the coveted 1000 turbine pic to go elsewhere. Maybe IBT should rethink that, but then again it's all about the senior guys right? Besides their not going to listen to you anyway.

From what i am hearing senior fo's on the bus will not be able to hold the left seat on any RAH aircraft ( possibly a 145 back east somewhere ). They are looking at the right seat of an rj.

Actually, there is no argument. You got bought, whether you like it or not. The fact of the matter is that you got aquired by a different company. Who cares if the business that bought you was in car sales, you still got bought, at an auction. You are part of their business and there's not a thing you can do about it: you got bought.
QUOTE]

So young fella, if we follow your logic, is it conceivable that if Thrifty Car Rental bought Frontier instead of Republic Holding Company, their shuttlebus drivers could displace the Frontier pilots once they got "qualified"? Oh, but only if it was in their contract. Wow, after reviewing what I intended to be a silly analogy, I guess I've answered my own question.

Have fun with the career we built for you. You remind me of the little rich girl on Willy Wanka's Chocolate Factory. The one that turned blue and got really fat because she got everything she wanted without working for it or deserving it.

disclaimer: This post is intended for markminus100 and those that hold his beliefs, not to the majority of the RAH pilots that I've found to be an overall pretty good bunch of pilots whom agree that infiltrating Frontier's list would be a travesty.

A lot of you at RAH forget to mention the letter that BB wrote on 4/24/10. Yes, BB's words exactly. I will spare you the entire letter but this sums up WHY RAH purchased F9. Markminus 100 and others spare me the "WE BOUGHT YOU ARGUEMENT!"
The 1300 hundred pilots that we potentially saved from being furloughed and the entire RAH group are the ones that want our seats on the Airbus. Come on over, but start where each one us at F9 started!

"In closing, I want to talk about one last hot-button issue. I've been getting some heat from some folks at Shuttle and Chautauqua who are feeling a little disenfranchised lately. They read a lot of news about the brand business, but nothing about what is going on with our CPA business.
First, the sad truth is there is nothing going on with the CPA business. There are no new RFPs on the street and no one actively looking for new or replacement RJ flying. Frankly, none of the major airlines is adding much of any new capacity this summer. And any increase in flying is coming from increased aircraft utilization, not from new aircraft in service. We are seeing some increase in the daily utilization of our E-jet fleet this summer by Delta, United and US Airways. We are even seeing some E145 block hour increases with Continental and US Airways, but again no one is looking for a new aircraft order. They are just flying what they are already paying us for a few more hours each month. The main reason we took the leap in to the brand business was precisely because we did not see any growth opportunities for RJ flying with our major airline partners. In fact, we feel there is a much greater risk that contracts will not be renewed as the requirement for RJ, especially 50-seat aircraft, is shrinking. Had we not made the acquisitions we did last year, we would not have 15 E190s in operation; we would not have a home for 16 E170s or a home for 12 small RJs we are flying in Milwaukee. Add all that up and we would have 43 fewer aircraft in service at Republic. You take those 43 aircraft out of the picture and we would have had to furlough more than 1,300 Republic employees. I hope this makes it crystal clear that our focus on the brand side of the business has been every bit as impactful for keeping Republic employees on the payroll as it has for Midwest and Frontier employees."

Last edited:
DLSAV...that hardly sounds realistic.

And a car company shuttle bus drivers would not have had any scope.

I once again think that you people are trying to stir a pot that does not need stiring and wasting a whole lot of your energy.

I havent heard anyone talking or dreaming of flying an airbus. What I do hear is a lot of people upset that you guys would have the nerve to try to staple us to the bottom of the list. They are all proposals and hopefully it will come out somewhere in the middle. The top 300 thing is pretty much everyone thats been there almost ten years. They are lifers and there is very little attrition in those ranks even when the economy was good.

Please take a look at the history of bargaining at CHQ/Republic that is floating around the Denver crewroom...You'll soon realize how much we all need to stick together.

What I do hear is a lot of people upset that you guys would have the nerve to try to staple us to the bottom of the list. They are all proposals and hopefully it will come out somewhere in the middle. The top 300 thing is pretty much everyone thats been there almost ten years. QUOTE]
I guess by that logic the Compass pilots should have had relative seniority integration into the Delta list since they were owned by the same holding company. Same would be true of the old Continental Express and Mesaba etc...

Why not just do a flow like the rest of the industry has always done it. It would have served the same purpose in the end, and would have not created the ill will. I can promise you I will not take your RJ jobs if mainline shrinks.

see, this all proves my earlier point that RAH pilots are self-absorbed losers who want nothing more then to put Frontier pilots on the street and get paid sub-par wages to fly an Airbus. No RAH pilot has yet said "you know what Frontier, Midwest, and Lynx guys? You're right! You deserve better."

see, this all proves my earlier point that RAH pilots are self-absorbed losers who want nothing more then to put Frontier pilots on the street and get paid sub-par wages to fly an Airbus. No RAH pilot has yet said "you know what Frontier, Midwest, and Lynx guys? You're right! You deserve better."
F9 certainly does, a flow wouldn't be a bad idea. The YX pilots were sold down the river before RAH showed up but I agree, they deserve much better as they have been hosed the worst with the current situation. How exactly does Lynx deserve better? It was a regional, a WORSE regional than even native RAH was. I have a feeling that Lynx pilots, CA's specifically, will come out waaaay ahead. Why do I believe that? I don't think that the SLI arbitrator is going to take away anyone's seat which means the Lynx CA's, nearly all of which are junior to many of the native RAH FO's, are going to be remaining in the left seat, only now it will be into an ERJ of some type at a significantly better pay rate than they could have ever expected at Lynx.

So yes, F9 and YX pilots deserve better. You got two out of three correct.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back