Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic/Frontier/Midwest SLI Arbitration?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So nice of them to keep on picking up all of that open time with hundreds on the street. Keep it classy guys.

Red herring. Without the SLI complete, it wouldn't matter if not a soul touched opentime, it still wouldn't bring Midwest or Lynx guys back in seniority order. They have been welcome to join Republic newhire classes for a long time, but haven't exactly been beating the door down to rejoin the organization at 22/hr (nor would I.) So what would you have us do for these afflicted souls? Tell Arbitrator Eischen to come inside from ice-fishing and get to work.

That severe shortage and lack of crews must be on the RAH certificates because I do not see it on the Airbus side.

It's all good now, but the sky could very well be falling by this summer. Adding back nine aircraft from the current level, and junior FO's will be jumping ship like so many rats. Ask every reserve you fly with if he has or will apply elsewhere. You might be surprised.

Again an individual that does not have the facts straight. As SSHRAE pointed out(post #90) there would not have been any recall rights for the approximate 160 pilots that would have been furloughed at F9. CHQFLYER, you are right we would have been light years better off at SWA for us senior guys while throwing our fellow junior pilots under the BUS! Before you go spouting off, PLEASE get your FACTS straight.
If you have something to bring to the table(FACTS) by all means I am all ears.

What dope smoking crack whore did you hear this drivel from because I can assure you that the pilots at Southwest would never allow that to happen. It can only be another lie told to you by the senior captain squad that made up most of the negotiating team to make you feel better about going with RAH.

She was on the Las Vegas strip! Pretty hot too. You must have been on the negotiating team?
Point hear is one: We would not allow our junior guys/gals get thrown under the bus and two: WN negotiating team gave us a day if we wanted to be stapled to make a decision. Not enough time when you have a gun to your head. We did the right thing at that particular moment. If we had more time, then maybe we would be at WN with you.
Good luck with your SLI.

Bolo,

You keep talking about not throwing your junior guys under the bus but the F9 group voted NOT to pay the medical for your very own furloughed guys!

When you had the chance to take care of your own you didn't. It took a donation fund to get anything done!

Gup

What dope smoking crack whore did you hear this drivel from because I can assure you that the pilots at Southwest would never allow that to happen. It can only be another lie told to you by the senior captain squad that made up most of the negotiating team to make you feel better about going with RAH.

Hey, nobody told me that we had bona fide assurances from bluesideup1. I want to change my vote. I want to 'choose' Southwest instead now.

GuppyWN good luck with your SLI! You do keep budding in. You must have worked here at F9 at some point in your career? Did you like it here at F9? As a long shot my guess is the the guy from Akron.

I loved F9. Still do. I'm more rebutting than butting in. You like to think WN would eat our own when you don't even know us while you spout how you guys take care of your own and most recently have shown just the opposite.

It's all good man. I'm just here to defend my house.

Gup

You know what we are about and you know our culture. Overall we have a great pilot group with a few sour apples. No airline is perfect. I agree with you that we all try to defend our house if it is legit.
I would not have been opposed to WN. The problem was the the time line and how fast everything needed to be done. Less than one week to decide the fate of an entire airline was too fast.

Bolo,

You keep talking about not throwing your junior guys under the bus but the F9 group voted NOT to pay the medical for your very own furloughed guys!

When you had the chance to take care of your own you didn't. It took a donation fund to get anything done!

Gup

Observations and thoughts from a former F9er who was furloughed

That among a myriad of other things. Some from the furlough group tried to get FAPA to at least change our contract language during the Temp agreement to read that we (furloughed F9) pilots retain longevity for pay during furlough (which we did not have under the contract). No way in hell did they even attempt it......we were given the line that they would have to give up other things to make that happen. So, not only did FAPA/Pilot group not help out for all furloughees medical costs, they fuked up the first year payscale to get a defined contribution plan, they screwed up the SWA opportunity by valiently trying to protect their "precious" DEN domicile and cush schedules, allowed VOUNTARY LOA pilots to come back EARLY before furloughed pilots were called back (WTF?), and the pilot group as a whole picked up open time with with "brothers and sisters" out on furlough. Then, once pilots returned from furlough, some were assigned DEN over MKE out of seniority and through back room deals. Allowed, or ignored, by FAPA.

I for one, not speaking for anyone else at F9, feel that FAPA has only taken the senior captain side view at every opportunity. At every opportunity the junior FOs and furloughees have been thrown under the bus.....without a second thought.

Go ahead and defend FAPA all you want....they have done some good things, but I dont trust them to make a sound decision based upon the good of the whole group.

Observations and thoughts from a former F9er who was furloughed

That among a myriad of other things. Some from the furlough group tried to get FAPA to at least change our contract language during the Temp agreement to read that we (furloughed F9) pilots retain longevity for pay during furlough (which we did not have under the contract). No way in hell did they even attempt it......we were given the line that they would have to give up other things to make that happen. So, not only did FAPA/Pilot group not help out for all furloughees medical costs, they fuked up the first year payscale to get a defined contribution plan, they screwed up the SWA opportunity by valiently trying to protect their "precious" DEN domicile and cush schedules, allowed VOUNTARY LOA pilots to come back EARLY before furloughed pilots were called back (WTF?), and the pilot group as a whole picked up open time with with "brothers and sisters" out on furlough. Then, once pilots returned from furlough, some were assigned DEN over MKE out of seniority and through back room deals. Allowed, or ignored, by FAPA.

I for one, not speaking for anyone else at F9, feel that FAPA has only taken the senior captain side view at every opportunity. At every opportunity the junior FOs and furloughees have been thrown under the bus.....without a second thought.

Go ahead and defend FAPA all you want....they have done some good things, but I dont trust them to make a sound decision based upon the good of the whole group.

+1! Somebody gets it.

CYA

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back