Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic first regional to create B-scale??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Two things. First, they will in fact pick and choose which parts to abide by, knowing fully that the grievance and arbitration process will take years. Sadly at the regional FO level we are talking the difference between poverty line and not. Many people can't grieve and wait and still put food on the table.

It doesn't take real unions years to settle grievances. The IBT is absolutely dismal when it comes to enforcing their contract. How long has it taken for them to grieve the definition of a seat? The IBT apologists will blame it on the arbitrator but anyone with half a brain can see through the incompetence of the IBT.

It doesn't take real unions years to settle grievances.

Yes, "real unions" can and often do take years to settle grievances - especially hotly contested ones that go to system board and then to arbitration.

I believe the ARW ALPA concessionary grievance from 2005 relating to the concessions they took to keep UAL flying but were never actually passed along from AWAC to UAL wasn't settled until sometime in 2008.

Would that be the C scale on the B scale republic is currently using to fly the 190 versus the original MEH pay rates for flying the 717 with 11 (correction 12 with 1 MEL'd) fewer seats?

FYI Jet Blew was the first regional to offer a B scale.

Your FO rates will be the same as the current rates at RAH...now as for CA rates, they must be negotiated and the moment that those AC are placed on the RAH certificate I don't think you guys will be flying them anymore because no "fence" has been agreed to by anyone.

Ummm.. your wrong on all counts. It has been announced by RAH that once the planes are on the Republic certificate they will be fenced. And they will be operated under Republic work rules but current Lynx pay rates.

I'm genuinely sorry neither the company or the union is telling you these things, because us Lynx folks could really use some support here, and some rage directed at the company. They have created a B scale, added aircraft to a certificate and hired street captains essentially, without a peep from IBT. I don't think this is in anyones best interests.

Would that be the C scale on the B scale republic is currently using to fly the 190 versus the original MEH pay rates for flying the 717 with 11 (correction 12 with 1 MEL'd) fewer seats?

C-scale.. love it, I think we should start using it immediately.

cale

1.H.5.c wrote:
The operations of the Company and those of the other air
carrier shall be kept separate unless and until the processes
described in paragraph b above is completed and the
seniority lists of the two pilot groups are integrated in
accordance with Sections 3 and 13 of the Allegheny-
Mohawk Labor Protective Provisions are completed. During
such time of separate operations, neither aircraft nor pilots
shall be interchanged without the Union’s written consent.

RAH will need written consent to place those A/C on the certificate. Also if all Lynx pilots become RAH pilots, you must attend new hire process which takes time. This is all fluff until the FAA approves the moving of the AC to the RAH certificate.

RAH will need written consent to place those A/C on the certificate. Also if all Lynx pilots become RAH pilots, you must attend new hire process which takes time. This is all fluff until the FAA approves the moving of the AC to the RAH certificate.

They will approve it. Early November time frame. The new hire training is already scheduled.. they are sending people to Denver to do it. Indoc only, 2 weeks.

IBT needs to react to this. NOW.

cale

They are on it as we speak, but I just re-read the F9FYI and it didn't state anywhere that Lynx pilots would be operating the Q's....it just states RAH pilots.

No rate, no RAH trained turboprop operators, Union consent.....seems like a lot to complete by Oct 1 when the planed transition occurs.

Last edited:
It won't be Oct 1. Transition will happen mid November timeframe.

I have the documentation that says it will be Lynx pilots flying the planes with a fence. It's an official Q and A from RAH management.

How many things have been done without union consent even when required in the last 24 months?? Aren't you also required to have 6 months notice when they add a new type airframe. How did that go with the 190's? Seems like the company was able to impose that flying just fine without union consent.

cale

Q

. . . as long as the pay rates assigned to
such aircraft type are not less than the rates provided by this Article or the
principal Agreement for aircraft with similar power plant (turboprop or jet)
and seat range that either includes the number of seats in the new aircraft. . .

I hate to say anything since I don't have the entire agreement (Article) in front of me but it seems to me that said aircraft would need the same seat range AND powerplant to be included. If one wishes to attempt to emphasize the former clause, I presume the article "provides" for 70 (or however many seats the Q4's have) Jet.

This just might be a case of purely bad lawyering. Pay more, it's worth it.

Again, I don't have the whole contract to read so the above is conjecture only.

rr

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back