Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic first regional to create B-scale??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cale42

It is possible to hit a new low in the regionals? I think yes, with the creation of the first regional B-scale.. and not even negotiated.

RAH is expecting that with the move of the Lynx Q400's to the Republic(YX) certificate that the airplanes will be operated for the current sub standard Lynx rates. This is in direct violation of the RAH CBA which states

"Nothing set forth in this Article shall prevent the Company from introducing
a new aircraft type into revenue service before agreement is reached over
the rates applicable to that aircraft, as long as the pay rates assigned to
such aircraft type are not less than the rates provided by this Article or the
principal Agreement for aircraft with similar power plant (turboprop or jet)
and seat range that either includes the number of seats in the new aircraft
type or has a seat range not greater than the number seats in the disputed
aircraft. If the aircraft is smaller (less seats) than any other aircraft for
which pay scales have been established by this Agreement then, subject
to the provisions of this article, the Company will establish a rate for the
new aircraft until a negotiated rate has been agreed to by the parties. The
negotiated rate will be retroactive to the implementation of the new aircraft
type.
21.1"

Notice it specifically says a turboprop must be paid based on the number of seats at the same rate as an equivalent seat jet.

This is crystal clear and yet the company appears unwilling to honor this.

So who should be the most concerned, IBT who if they allow this will lower the bar for entering negotiations? FAPA who is getting a snapshot of what to expect.. or the lowly Lynx pilots who appeared to take it yet again.

Discuss... please.

cale

It sounds like a re-opener to me. The RAH pilots signed their contract to fly RAH airplanes. The 400's are new airframes to them.

What happens to the Lynx pilots if the SLI has not been announced?

From your post it sounds like RAH is bound to negotiate new rates for the 400's and retro the money.

Assuming it's for more that is.

Gup

Gup,

The current plan is that any Lynx pilot that want's to continue flying the airplanes will become an RAH employee on the same day that the Lynx certificate ceases to exist. Thus you still have RAH employees flying RAH planes. We will be the 25(ish) most junior pilots but will be fenced from everyone else. You are correct that in theory they will negotiate new rates and there will be retro pay, but the CBA is quite clear that in the interim current "equivalent seat" rates must apply. The rates they are saying will be paid are $10-$20/hr less than the contract rates.

CX... I am, because what I posted above is what is being offered. Lynx pilot can become RAH pilots on this new B-scale.

Cale,

RAH management cannot pick and choose which parts of the contract they want to abide by.

I know you're pissed and I think The Preacher will probably push on this one but you MUST be willing to grieve and arbitrate an infraction of your CBA.

Just be patient and be willing to drop the hammer. He might surprise you and come to you guys for a re-opener. One thing I'd sure keep an eye on is the SLI. Once the arbitrator rules there is a chance you may be eligible for retro benefits of some sort since you are being stapled without care of DOH or any sort of integration. I'm VERY interested in this staple. Our union is telling us that a staple is not an option yet The Preacher is doing just that to you guys.

Let me know please.
Gup

Cale,

RAH management cannot pick and choose which parts of the contract they want to abide by.

I know you're pissed and I think The Preacher will probably push on this one but you MUST be willing to grieve and arbitrate an infraction of your CBA.

Just be patient and be willing to drop the hammer. He might surprise you and come to you guys for a re-opener. One thing I'd sure keep an eye on is the SLI. Once the arbitrator rules there is a chance you may be eligible for retro benefits of some sort since you are being stapled without care of DOH or any sort of integration. I'm VERY interested in this staple. Our union is telling us that a staple is not an option yet The Preacher is doing just that to you guys.

Let me know please.
Gup

Two things. First, they will in fact pick and choose which parts to abide by, knowing fully that the grievance and arbitration process will take years. Sadly at the regional FO level we are talking the difference between poverty line and not. Many people can't grieve and wait and still put food on the table.

Second we are not talking a staple We are talking Lynx pilots would all be fenced newhires until the SLI is complete, at which point they will assume whatever seniority the arbitrator deems fair.

The timing here will be very critical too, no one knows if the transfer of certificates will be finalized before the SLI is published, I suspect that will have a yet to be seen impact on the whole deal.

Lastly it is an exceptionally awkward situation, because as Lynx guys we are the ones most affected, but until the certificate transfer is complete we are represented by UTU, not IBT, and it is IBT's contract who is being violated.

cale

FYI Jet Blew was the first regional to offer a B scale.

Your FO rates will be the same as the current rates at RAH...now as for CA rates, they must be negotiated and the moment that those AC are placed on the RAH certificate I don't think you guys will be flying them anymore because no "fence" has been agreed to by anyone.

Thanks Cale.

I won't get into the staple/not staple screwjob that may or may not have taken place at Southwest. I'll just say that it's too bad you guys aren't flying to Gary Kelly right now.

Gup

You think it's too bad??? Imagine how I feel... :)

I was an outspoken supporter of the staple to WN.. but that's water under the bridge and long gone now.

I was just clarifying that we are NOT getting stapled at RAH.

cale

Oh and when you talk to GK next.. tell him he could still buy the Q's and the certificate, the staple would go uncontested, and he probably has until about mid-November before the certificate is gone.. so he should act quick. :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back