• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airways to buy 10 jets from US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So the article should have referenced RJET's loan to LCC, not from LCC?

Any idea what the payments were on the 190's?

Even though emotion may cause some people to feel ill will to the pilots of the regional involved its not their fault. ( yes they do work for horrid pay etc ) The pilots at mainline have to care about this to stop it... ALL of them.... not just a few junior pilots.

The pilots of Republic are not to blame, all regionals are the same, Skywest, RAH, Gojet, Eagle, etc... they ALL fly routes that do not belong to them... they are simply low paid contract workers. Lots of regional pilots will play the " my regional is better than your regional " but in the end the are all the same. No one of them owns the "scumbag" title more than another.... they all stink.

maybe....

Even though emotion may cause some people to feel ill will to the pilots of the regional involved its not their fault. ( yes they do work for horrid pay etc ) The pilots at mainline have to care about this to stop it... ALL of them.... not just a few junior pilots.

The pilots of Republic are not to blame, all regionals are the same, Skywest, RAH, Gojet, Eagle, etc... they ALL fly routes that do not belong to them... they are simply low paid contract workers. Lots of regional pilots will play the " my regional is better than your regional " but in the end the are all the same. No one of them owns the "scumbag" title more than another.... they all stink.

Maybe... but when as a collective group are we going to decide where the "major" airline pay starts, at what level of equipment. Many were hoping that the E190 would be that line in the sand and this seriously erodes that. Now you say that RAH is gonna operate the E190 as a seperate entity, not on their fee for departure contracts, but when RAH pilots (and mesa pilots on the 100 seat rj's) agree to fly this equip for ridiculously low rates, it effects EVERYONE, even the majors who are working to bring a 100 seat airframe to the major ranks w/major pay. If everyone in the industry saw the E190 as a major aircraft then many airlines would not be as fearful to make a committment to buy them only to see themselves undercut at the knees by a two bit regional carrier flying the same or newer models with newbe pilots making food stamp wages.

Food stamp wages subsidised by The Bank of Mommy and Daddy. No need to worry about rent, car payment bills .. etc... its just a stepping stone job!

I do agree with your points... the initial emotional reaction is to call the RAH pilots scumbags.... and honestly some may be. But in the end, its not worth it or worth the negative energy. They will not do anything to stop it ( because either they like it, they dont need the $$ as above, or its just a stepping stone sop why bother) so calling them names will not help a thing.

The fight should be fought by mainline pilots where this is happening.... but we know the top 3rd or more of a list usually doesnt care about stuff like this... Stopping crap like this is extremely important, and yes a "line in the sand" must be drawn.... I just think it should go beyond name calling and turn into action. Only opinions... but dont look at the RAH pilots to change it, too many puppies over there who salivate over big planes!

Everyone who is laid off from Airways over this, should get a CA seat at RAH.

I could maybe agree that the Airways pilots furloughed from the sale of the E190s should get a CA seat at RAH IF, AND ONLY IF, the aircraft were going to be used in the Airways system. However, they are not going to be.

Last time I checked, this is the USA. If Coke sells bottling equipment to Pepsi, do the employees at Coke deserve a job at the Pepsi bottling factory?

Last edited:
Let's see: 10 aircraft....$35 million.....$3.5 million per EMB190.....that's pretty cheap!

Nice work, Doug. Now, it simplifies the transaction that's headed our way.

I wonder if the call sign will be "cactus" or "brickyard."

"Everyone who is laid off from Airways over this, should get a CA seat at RAH."

And the MEH pilots?

Let's see: 10 aircraft....$35 million.....$3.5 million per EMB190.....that's pretty cheap!

Nice work, Doug. Now, it simplifies the transaction that's headed our way...."

That was just the 10% down payment.

Once upon a time, a "regional" airline in Texas started flying 737s for lower pay, worse workrules, and no retirement....Now that airline is a place that many want to work....

Funny how we don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back