• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airways Relief Flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Even Mesa is doing relief flights....flyin in supplies and flyin out refugees. I think their usin a 700 and a 900

Whats wrong with issuing a press release? It also lets the shareholders as well as customers know what you are doing. Are you gonna fault Marsh for getting their name in on it too?

Are all the Underpaid overworked regional butchers at SupermartInfo.com reeling over how marsh is scavaging up some leftover cold cuts and expired milk and sending it on down, but with publicity? Oh yeah the sushi rollers at Kroger are sending down endless california rolls, but you dont see them advertising that in the sunday flier

How about after the tsunami last year, how many people and corporation did you hear about daily that were giving large donations. I remember hearing for like 3 days how Sandra Bullock gave 1 million dollars. Should that have gone anonymous?

LegacyDriver said:
25 X 0 = 0 so it won't hurt CHQ's bottom line much...

You guys doing any evacuee flights?

Edit In: The press release seems to indicate so but short on details.

I gave 1 months worth of accured vacation time = $400.62, matched by company thats $800. Thats more than zero!

Not sure how many evac flights so far but first one boarded with 60 to IND with housing already arranged at destination.

Spinplate said:
Even Mesa is doing relief flights....flyin in supplies and flyin out refugees. I think their usin a 700 and a 900

Everybody is ,but not everybody putting out a press release about it!
I think Airtran leads the way in press releases tooting there own horns.

Last edited:
Good for them, but FEMA is paying big bucks for those flights. You didn't think the airlines would help people out of the goodness of their hearts, did you?

EMB170Pilot said:
Very classy!

Way to go BB

My wife was one of the persons organizing medical crews to go on that relief flight to MSY. A press release is what got their attention to know it was available for use to get down there. Instead of taking longer on a bus they were down there 3 days sooner. So, press releases have their place I think.

FlyingDawg said:
I gave 1 months worth of accured vacation time = $400.62, matched by company thats $800. Thats more than zero!

Not sure how many evac flights so far but first one boarded with 60 to IND with housing already arranged at destination.

I'm proud of you for doing that and bravo! :)

My reference was to the fact that you guys are woefully underpaid. Tongue-in-cheek. :)

bvt1151 said:
Just about every airline has already sent relief flights. Most just have the tact not to issue a press release.

Actually, most airlines have issued press releases. They just tend to do it in their local paper. UPS and FedEx both had press releases in their local papers. So chill out!

Latest resources

Back