Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

freeflyer14

Where's that reserve?
Republic Airways to Partner with Marsh Supermarkets on Relief Flight to Help Victims of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans

INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 1, 2005--Republic Airways Holdings (NASDAQ:RJET) announced today that it will operate an Embraer 170 on a relief flight from Indianapolis International Airport to New Orleans International Airport to help victims of Hurricane Katrina. Republic has partnered with Marsh Supermarkets who will supply nearly 6000 pounds of non-perishable food items, water and paper products. The flight is scheduled to depart at approximately 11:00 am from Indianapolis and arrive in New Orleans at approximately 1:00 pm.

"The people of New Orleans and the Mississippi Gulf Coast need our help in this, their time of need. I am thankful to our friends at Marsh Supermarkets, who have been so helpful with this effort. We are hopeful that we can provide some rapid response to victims of this devastating event," said Bryan Bedford Chairman, President & CEO of Republic Airways

"Republic operates nine daily departures from New Orleans and our company feels compelled to do what we can to help these people. Our hope is that this will be the first of many relief flights to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina."

The company is attempting to transport people out of New Orleans with the hope that they may find assistance in Indianapolis and/or get back to their homes across the country. Republic Airways is working with The Red Cross and other agencies to identify how the Indianapolis community can support victims that may avail themselves of the return flights to Indianapolis.

In addition to the support offered by Marsh Supermarkets, several of Republic Airways business partners including General Electric and Honeywell have contributed in-kind support to this relief effort.

Good press, good PR, and you get to help in time of need

Everybody wins; except those who have already lost all...

God speed MSY

Republic is also matching any employees donation to the relief effort up to 25 times their hourly rate. Pretty cool.

eastflier said:
Wow a whole load from a 170! There might even be leftovers.

I think you should fly your 172 over there and see how much relief you can provide.

Just about every airline has already sent relief flights. Most just have the tact not to issue a press release.

edit...
Actually, I take that back. American, AirTran, Continental, United, and Northwest also had the audacity to issue press releases about their relief flights. I'm disgusted that US airlines are passing up no opportunity for self-promotion, even during the worst natural disaster in US history.

Last edited:
I bet Comair wouldn't put out a release. They are sooooo much better than everybody else. I had one of their pilots tell me once.

FlyingDawg said:
Republic is also matching any employees donation to the relief effort up to 25 times their hourly rate. Pretty cool.

25 X 0 = 0 so it won't hurt CHQ's bottom line much...

You guys doing any evacuee flights?

Edit In: The press release seems to indicate so but short on details.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back