• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airways Continues Attack On Pilot Group With Sham Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have you people ever been involved in contract negotiations? This is called hostage taking, and it is textbook.

You guys on here bickering back and forth are only perpetuating the problem. You are all a cancer to this group of airlines.... go away.

These may be public executions in response to the IBT lawsuit as well as the contract negotiations, as in:

"If you had gone along with the program, none of this would have been necessary. Now see what you have done. Hey everybody! Now see what they have done!"

It wouldn't be the first time. Remember during the last negotiations BB told ALL the CHQ employees in his Weekly Sermon to the Faithful that the pilots had derailed the United flying. This is a significant and pretty merciless escalation of that tactic (and more cynical if it is related to the lawsuit also) but it is the same tactic. Classic RH.

Last edited:
Have you people ever been involved in contract negotiations? This is called hostage taking, and it is textbook.

You guys on here bickering back and forth are only perpetuating the problem. You are all a cancer to this group of airlines.... go away.

I've never seen a company furlough, hire, then furlough again during contract negotiations without ever signing a new contract.

I've never seen a company furlough, hire, then furlough again during contract negotiations without ever signing a new contract.

That's because it probably never has happened. The IBT has achieved a level of incompetency and lack of leadership that I haven't witnessed in almost 25 years at this game. What is more amazing is how their Republic pilot group can be so OK with it.

Hey, BB isn't above trying out new things to try and make guys wimp-out.... especially now that he has more employees than before to try and turn against the IBT. It's funny how F9 guys here cry out "think about the children!!" WRT outstation closures when it was their LOA67 that took pay and benefits away from these people before all of this. We know that the tickets are too cheap and that's why there are no profits from full flights.... How is Airtran full to the gills on the same route where branded is half full now??? I see the increased activity of the IBT as the OPPOSITE of "a level of incompetency and lack of leadership that I haven't witnessed in almost 25 years at this game." as USMC319 posted...

Hey, BB isn't above trying out new things to try and make guys wimp-out.... especially now that he has more employees than before to try and turn against the IBT. It's funny how F9 guys here cry out "think about the children!!" WRT outstation closures when it was their LOA67 that took pay and benefits away from these people before all of this. We know that the tickets are too cheap and that's why there are no profits from full flights.... How is Airtran full to the gills on the same route where branded is half full now??? I see the increased activity of the IBT as the OPPOSITE of "a level of incompetency and lack of leadership that I haven't witnessed in almost 25 years at this game." as USMC319 posted...

You have it backwards, again. First, no one had pay "taken away". Not one employee. Everyone was going to get their longevity and accruals frozen regardless of Loa 67. Remember that little webcast by BB when he described the different pieces of the branded restructuring? He detailed the cuts imposed on the nonrepresented employees before LOA 67 was even writren. The LOA did establish snap back dates for the 401k, sick and vacation accrual, while the unrepresented groups will have to wait until RAH decides to give them back.

I reallize that you have no frame of reference wrt "LOA's", considering the fact that the IBT doesnt "agree" to anything, even if it benefits their membership. (there are 1.4 million members, ya know!)

How are those section 6 Negotiations/Mediated Sessions going? Next month marks FOUR years since the CHQ CBA amendable date. Do you have ONE section TA'd yet?

Great job IBT!!

How are those section 6 Negotiations/Mediated Sessions going? Next month marks FOUR years since the CHQ CBA amendable date. Do you have ONE section TA'd yet?

Great job IBT!!

I've stayed away from here for a while and I'm only poking my head back in for this one bit. I see you guys waving this around quite a bit, our lack of progress on the CBA. In fact, the negotiating committee had TAed many sections prior to the Saddest Circus in the Skies' purchase of its new fangled petting zoo and the burning remnants of a cookie factory.

The newly elected representation, with the support of it's membership, decided(wisely) to begin anew. The game has changed and the contract needs to represent that.

It's repeatedly pointed out, by F9 natives, that it is the shortcomings of the IBT that hasn't gotten us a contract by now. I know who my enemy is and its lair is on Purdue Road. I know you guys don't believe us and rather hitch your hopes to BB, but we can't and won't. Maybe we should just agree to BB's terms of a 2% raise for FOs and current book?

CLIFFS: We are increasingly happy with our representation and know who our enemy is.

back to my hole in the ground.

You have it backwards, again. First, no one had pay "taken away". Not one employee. Everyone was going to get their longevity and accruals frozen regardless of Loa 67. Remember that little webcast by BB when he described the different pieces of the branded restructuring? He detailed the cuts imposed on the nonrepresented employees before LOA 67 was even writren. The LOA did establish snap back dates for the 401k, sick and vacation accrual, while the unrepresented groups will have to wait until RAH decides to give them back.

I reallize that you have no frame of reference wrt "LOA's", considering the fact that the IBT doesnt "agree" to anything, even if it benefits their membership. (there are 1.4 million members, ya know!)

Great job IBT!!

as already posted, there are only 4 sections in mediation. All else is TA'd status quo so amalgamation will take care of those. And you already know the company's tactics with negotiations the last 4 years and also how the RLA doesn't let us do a whole lot to compel the company.

Latest resources

Back