• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airways Continues Attack On Pilot Group With Sham Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If that's aimed at me, I never blamed the RAH pilots. In fact, I think this whole thing sucks. I wouldn't wish a furlough on any of you guys. My remark was clearly aimed at the IBT leadership. They are calling this a "sham" because it's a result of the LOA 67 lawsuit. Without the most recent lawsuit our restructuring goes through as planned. Now everything is on hold and the funds/savings need to be found elsewhere...they were found!

Don't blame us...blame "YOUR" IBT... I am but an agency fee payer...I'm not a member or a supporter.
You're blaming IBT leadership but you know darn well all of us IBT members support this lawsuit.

I guarantee you that furloughing 56 people, all of whom are on first year FO pay, is not going to get them anywhere near the funds/saving that they need.

BB has destroyed your airline and you guys still support him and his team of incompetents, it's astounding.

I was against the F9/YX purchase from the beginning but I never thought BB would be able to turn the F9 pilots against everyone else. Thankfully I'm on my last trip with this s*%thole airline. I wish everyone the best, I really do. Specifically, I hope he finds an investor for F9 but he (BB) has sucked damn near all the value out of your airline and that's sad.

He's parking 37 and 50 seat jets and reducing MKE, that's why there's furloughs. BTW, you do realize there are a lot of other people in MKE losing their jobs.

He's parking 37 and 50 seat jets and reducing MKE, that's why there's furloughs. BTW, you do realize there are a lot of other people in MKE losing their jobs.

100+ ground personal in MKE alone. Not including all the outstations people that are losing their jobs.

You guys can return to your high fiveing and chest bumping.....

100+ ground personal in MKE alone. Not including all the outstations people that are losing their jobs.

You guys can return to your high fiveing and chest bumping.....

Nobody is high fiveing and chest bumping. Where did you get that? When anybody gets furloughed it sucks, period!
You cannot make money on these 135's/145's. Twenty five million was tagged on F9.
If there is anybody to blame here I will start with the IBT for the lawsuit. They played hardball and look where it got you! IBT willing to eat their own young to prove a point. Great job IBT!

Nobody is high fiveing and chest bumping. Where did you get that? When anybody gets furloughed it sucks, period!
You cannot make money on these 135's/145's. Twenty five million was tagged on F9.
If there is anybody to blame here I will start with the IBT for the lawsuit. They played hardball and look where it got you! IBT willing to eat their own young to prove a point. Great job IBT!

If they were losing so much money why would the IBT lawsuit even be a factor? Without the lawsuit a $25 million loss would have been acceptable? I don't know if they were profitable or not but I do know that the company can feed us any numbers they want plus or minus.

You're blaming IBT leadership but you know darn well all of us IBT members support this lawsuit.

I guarantee you that furloughing 56 people, all of whom are on first year FO pay, is not going to get them anywhere near the funds/saving that they need.

BB has destroyed your airline and you guys still support him and his team of incompetents, it's astounding.

I was against the F9/YX purchase from the beginning but I never thought BB would be able to turn the F9 pilots against everyone else. Thankfully I'm on my last trip with this s*%thole airline. I wish everyone the best, I really do. Specifically, I hope he finds an investor for F9 but he (BB) has sucked damn near all the value out of your airline and that's sad.

No, but it's enough to make up the difference needed. The lawsuit hasn't completely stopped the reorganization, but it has temporarily frozen some money. The key here is that the a/c going away will make up that difference...not necessarily the furloughed salaries. Sham or not, that's how the math works out.

Play hard ball and expect to be hit back. I'm glad all of you agree with the lawsuit and support IBT...super. Let's see how this works out for you in the long run. I'm sure there are more lawsuits to come. Damn, is that all the IBT does...lawsuits? They sure the hell haven't done anything regarding your joke of a CBA.

Again, as much as I can't stand the IBT and strongly disagree with the thought process of the RAH pilot group, it's only political in nature. I in no way take any satisfaction in seeing any of you furloughed. I understand we are all looking out for ourselves...that's the bottom line. As I said before, this sucks!

Anyway, good luck to you and your future endeavor, wherever that takes you.

Last edited:
Nobody is high fiveing and chest bumping. Where did you get that? When anybody gets furloughed it sucks, period! >>> your fellow peeps here online sure do.
You cannot make money on these 135's/145's. >>> you werent making money in MKE from the beginning, didn't you know that from your company fillings? your airline barely makes money in DEN. F9 operations is not making money, period.
Twenty five million was tagged on F9. >>> if you thought you were in dire situation then you should have taken a 40 % pay cut to guarantee your survival and not violate someone else CBA.
If there is anybody to blame here I will start with the IBT for the lawsuit. >>> its the F9 pilots for not taking enough concessions. They played hardball and look where it got you! IBT willing to eat their own young to prove a point. >>> they are protecting their CBA, maybe next time you - don't violate others CBA. . hopefully your new union will agree to having a 40 % pay cut for F9 pilots and not violate someone else CBA. fun fun. Great job IBT!

relax, take a chill pill. . everyone knows that the F9 operations were not making money in the beginning. . thats why you were bankrupt in the beginning and cant get out of bankruptcy without RAH. they should have left you were you guys belong. at least you would know how it would feel like being laid off. . so relax. . go run and take a quick spa. it will help you :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back