• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airlines to Operate Embraer 190AR Jets for Midwest Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know these jet will be going to the West Coast to start out. What I fear is where they will go when they cannot compete with WN and AAI on the same route.

Well, they cannot fly them on a route served by Delta. From the contract 1.D.2.C
"operation in the United States for 106 or fewer passenger seats and configured with 97
or fewer passenger seats (provided that any jet aircraft configured with between 71
and 97 passenger seats is not flown for the Company or any affiliate and is not flown
on a city pair that is served by the Company or an affiliate) or a propeller driven
aircraft configured with 72 or fewer passenger seats, and is operated on its own behalf​
or pursuant to agreement with an air carrier(s) other than the Company or an affiliate"

what

Delta owns Midwest, so any repubic 100 seat aircaft flying is a jet that could have been a Delta aircraft. Don't fool yourself, this is a shot accross the bow don't pretend they weren't aimming at you.

Email, Call and talk to everyone in the Union. This is nothing more than mgmt testing the waters.:angryfire I emailed my reps and wonder if our codeshare was for Midwest airplanes and not large connection replacement jets? Keep the pressure on the MEC, SCOPE isnt for sale. National should be pissed anyway they are losing dues paying pilots to Non-Alpa pilots. National needs to wake up and start acting like a union and i dont mean by putting an article in next months magazine portraying how they are "against" it. :rolleyes:

Delta owns Midwest, so any repubic 100 seat aircaft flying is a jet that could have been a Delta aircraft. Don't fool yourself, this is a shot accross the bow don't pretend they weren't aimming at you.

Delta doesn't own Midwest, they own a minority stake in the company. TPG, a private equity group owns the controlling interest in Midwest. So even if Midwest were to put 190's on their certificate they wouldn't be Delta airplanes. I don't think that with the current DAL scope language anybody can operate 190's in DAL colors except DAL mainline unless their is a loophole for Midwest in their somewhere. I don't understand why TPG even bothers to keep the Midwest operating certificate and all of the associated costs of flight operations since they seem to be subcontracting out all of the lift anyway. Midwest seems to be well on it's way to becomoing a "virtual" airline where all they own is the brandname and the marketing rights.

I think this will set a new (low) standard for 100 seat pay rates. We now have 100 seat FO rates that top out at $37 and are the same as the FO rates for aircraft half the size. Now every company will argue that they need the same FO rates on narrowbody aircraft in order to be competitive. What the hell were the Republic guys thinking when they agreed to fly the 190 (an airplane that wasn't even on the property or allowed by most of their code share partners at the time) for the same rates as the 170 and the same FO rates as 50 seaters. They might as well throw in 737's and A-320's at the same rates in case the company gets some of them.

Don't CHQ's pay scales top out at 99 seats? If so they should need to negotiate higher pay for the 100 seat E-190.

Not to knock it at all, at least JBLU put the 190 in the same airline...

Son, your Captains are flying the E190 today for $98 an hour. I wouldn't be bragging about that in public, if I were you.

Hopefully their payrates won't be used against you guys. Pretty sad stuff.

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/major-national-lcc/republic.html

Hopefully, B6 E190 pay rates won't be used against US!

The Republic pilots will happily lap up this flying.

Of course, they will. They already have.

glug,glug,glug....keep drinking that Kool-Aid.

Amen. The E190 Jungle Jet is the prime threat to ALL of our livelihoods, even jetBlue pilots. A 100 seat jet for $98 an hour? Scandalous.

Delta doesn't own Midwest, they own a minority stake in the company. TPG, a private equity group owns the controlling interest in Midwest. So even if Midwest were to put 190's on their certificate they wouldn't be Delta airplanes. I don't think that with the current DAL scope language anybody can operate 190's in DAL colors except DAL mainline unless their is a loophole for Midwest in their somewhere. I don't understand why TPG even bothers to keep the Midwest operating certificate and all of the associated costs of flight operations since they seem to be subcontracting out all of the lift anyway. Midwest seems to be well on it's way to becomoing a "virtual" airline where all they own is the brandname and the marketing rights.

I think this will set a new (low) standard for 100 seat pay rates. We now have 100 seat FO rates that top out at $37 and are the same as the FO rates for aircraft half the size. Now every company will argue that they need the same FO rates on narrowbody aircraft in order to be competitive. What the hell were the Republic guys thinking when they agreed to fly the 190 (an airplane that wasn't even on the property or allowed by most of their code share partners at the time) for the same rates as the 170 and the same FO rates as 50 seaters. They might as well throw in 737's and A-320's at the same rates in case the company gets some of them.

Midwest used to have MD82s and even MD88s flying MKE to the West Coast nonstop. When they dumped those, they had major problems flying the 717s the same distance, and actually started sending planes through MCI towards SEA and SFO (with 717s), and LAX with a Republic E170. The E190s, I would guess, would allow them to go nonstop to LAX, SEA, or SFO from MKE. I haven't seen anything stating they would go through ATL and do anything for DL. I read they were getting them for West Coast stuff from their MKE hub. I guess it is good to get all excited and make sure they don't do any DL stuff, but so far I haven't seen them state they would. And DL doesn't own the majority of the airline, the TPG does. It is good to keep an eye on them, though...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back