• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airlines to Operate Embraer 190AR Jets for Midwest Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well General, we had several recent votes that asked our LEC(s) to request our MEC simply study recapturing flying and the potential for Compass.

The MEC in turn resolved not to even study recapturing the E175's at Compass.

I understand the problem of having to compete with Republic for E175 rates, but, the 12 extra seats Delta / Compass could operate would help make up the revenue difference to pay pilots more, if these airplanes were at mainline.

At some point we just got to bite the bullet and make it a priority.

Fins,

Don't think that a lot of us don't want to make it a priority. The last deal was done under the radar. If that happens again, I think Moak will get smacked. The addition of the NWA guys will hopefully make our MEC a bit more militant, which is what we NEED when it comes to scope.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I agree that it cannot happen currently. It does not mean that the pressure cannot be exerted.
We have a real bad track record.

I would hope that the outcry last time proved to our MEC that everyone is over selling scope for anything.

a further travesty. learn from our contractual mistakes.

The Republic pilots will happily lap up this flying.

You know, when the boys at the top sell out the jobs at the bottom (like ALPA has done) and run themselves into an inability to retire from their ridiculous living standards it's no wonder with no movement at the bottom that we sell out our future potential just to keep what jobs we have.

Last edited:
Continental Airlines with its crappy contract has not given any scope relief.

I recently read an article that talked about United putting 70 seat rjs in place of out going 737s.

I have seen Delta md90s go away and replaced with 76 seat rjs.

and now this, amazing.

I recently read an article that talked about United putting 70 seat rjs in place of out going 737s.

and now this, amazing.

You can brag about Continental all you want, but they are not immune. The United Alliance will lead to an international "code-share" and bypass you quite easily. Congress? Where art thou?

and now this, amazing.

Wow! that's really happening at United? where the hell have you been? Did you know with that move over 1000+ pilots have been laid-off? some for a second time? and rj's and emb's have been taking up the slack.

Um doesn't the 100-seat E-190 outnumber Midwest mainline's 717 seating? Soon there will be regional 777 and 787s too... Not to knock it at all, at least JBLU put the 190 in the same airline... I'm hopeful as of June 1 we'll see much, much better pay rates for those guys too...

glug,glug,glug....keep drinking that Kool-Aid.

and now this, amazing.

Hey, we got 3 MD90s today according to the Deltanet. Let's hope we dump some 76 seaters in the future, along with the 100 50 seaters we parked over the last year.

Bye Bye--General Lee

the term of the leases are very short for an aircraft lease. GE must have had some extra AC. Were these aircraft that were deferred from Jblu or airways?

Latest resources

Back