Republic Airlines/hell

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bigbird

Please dont come to Repbulic!!! This place is a living hell!! Absolultly no respect for the pilot group. Come here if you dont care about QOL, family, money, health! I am getting ready to walk off of this horrible job...

republic took advantage of my mother!!!

Take a hike then. Plenty of guys that would be happy to fill your seat. We should have never hired your weak AZZ after you failed out of Expressjet.
Sounds like you are never happy with your other jobs anyways.

I was hired by an airline earlier this year and didnt do so well during training. I had some distractions at home and just couldnt focus during the intiail F/O training. I failed my oral and they sent me home. I never took the final checkride. The chief of training told me that this didnt have to be shared with any future employers. I called the FAA and they didnt see any failed checkrides or anything from that airline. So do I need to bring this up in future interviews? Can this be found anywhere else? I would imagine that if it wasnt reported to the faa then I should just leave it alone and not bring it up during a interview. Any suggestions?

What are some regionals that it would be possible to commute to Cleveland? Some regionals that are based in the Northeast..

I have been working for this company for over a year now. I feel like I am being treated unfair. I am a copilot on a king air B200. I have about 1300 total hours now. 500 in the king air. This company is a part 91 operation, so I do get some flying time. The company has no plans to send me to school so I can become captain. This job has become very boring for me. Just sitting there in the right seat of a king air, with hardly any responsiblities. Is this the typical corporate job?? Or should I look for something that will give me a chance to advance my career? Maybe my time is just too low to do anything else. Just looking for some advice.

Please dont come to Repbulic!!! This place is a living hell!! Absolultly no respect for the pilot group. Come here if you dont care about QOL, family, money, health! I am getting ready to walk off of this horrible job...

Please quit.

Rupublic Airlines came in the night and took my first born child!!

sh.... don't say that! You need more pilots to come and become your juniors.
Be patience bro. It will get better! =)

Last edited:
RAH aint perfect, but its far from bad.

Tips for big bird:

1. Don't post your personal problems on FI. It WILL come back to bite you.

2. Your comments about the FAA paperwork show your lack of understanding of PRIA. Your company training will not show in your FAA records. The FAA records only show what is available at registry.faa.gov and any accidents, incidents, and violations within the specified period. PRIA does not give access to your "Blue Ribbon" FAA file which has every piece of paper between you and the FAA--right down to your PPL written. These take 45 days or so to assemble for non agency (FAA enforcements, NTSB accidents, etc.) requests. If you haven't wrecked a plane, been violated, or lied about your certificates, the FAA check is nothing to worry about. Ever.

3. Your PRIA record from COEX (oops--XJT) will only follow you if you tell a future employer that you worked there. Don't put it on your app, no record request, no pink slip. Just be looking over your shoulder EVERY SINGLE DAY waiting for the omission to catch up with you. When it is found out, you'll be gone. You falsified your application (list ALL employers) and exposed the company to liability by not allowing them to have your complete PRIA history. That is a $50,000 fine to the company--unless they disclose it, and terminate you. Now the Feds are involved and looking at you. Good luck with that.

4. You busted an F/O oral as a newhire? And then got another 121 jet job and passed? BFD! This is a non-event. Memorize this: "I had some personal issues and I wasn't really prepared, so I failed. I got my business in order, got another job and passed training." Say it and believe it and you have no problems. Everyone knows the facts, you failed. So what. It happens. Move on.

5. Guess what? Regionals suck. I worked at four in my career. Same sh!t different flavor. It is amazing how one can get one thing right and the next can eff that up completely. Go figure. Long story short--we have all been there. The pay is a lot higher, the equipment nicer, and the upgrades sooner than it was 15 years ago. If you bail out now, forget 121 flying. Every civilian major pilot had to go through what you did. I doubt they want to hear it.

6. IF you are going to use the name of my favorite Sesame Street character, you need to man up. BB was no b!tch.

Latest resources

Back