• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Abuses Flight Crews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ok, but you don't see CRJ drivers have stickers that imply that they are killing another airplane! Seat cap has nothing to do with it, its that the ERJ-170/175 drivers think that they fly a better plane!

We do fly a better aircraft. Passengers and crews love it!

ok, but you don't see CRJ drivers have stickers that imply that they are killing another airplane! Seat cap has nothing to do with it, its that the ERJ-170/175 drivers think that they fly a better plane!

Are you referring to the "Guppy Killer" stickers that imply that the ERJ-170 series planes are 737 killers?

Are you referring to the "Guppy Killer" stickers that imply that the ERJ-170 series planes are 737 killers?

As seen on flight bags in ORD, JFK, ATL, and many more to come! Also available in CRJ 700/900 series!

Oh geez... not E170GuppyKiller again. I thought we killed you off years ago!

I spent a few years at RAH and let me say one thing: I agree 100% with every example you've made. However, it is all what you make of it. Start by combing your hair and taking the ipod ear buds out... then try to enjoy the people you are working with and some of the better layovers in the system (PWM, TLH, SBN, YUL) go drinking with the Captain, find a hot college girl of f/a to take back to the hotel, then wake up the next morning and try being a consumate professional while you are in the airport/in the cockpit. Concentrate on that for a few trips and I guarantee you: you'll still have to spend your days off commuting, you'll still stay at the Jameson Inn, scheduling will still screw you over... but you'll have some great memories and flying experiences. That's what the job is all about.

There are many flight crew abuses going on at Republic. I dont think people realize that this place isn't much better than Mesa airlines when it comes to employee treatment.
Here are some of the unethical things that go on here:

3-5 hours sits during a trip. On a four day trip you could possibly have three of these. Sitting around the food court in PHL of CLT for up to five hours. Then we continue with our 14hr duty day.

Subpar hotels. Not all are bad, but most are. The company considers a gas station or a McDonalds next door quality food. Some of these hotels are in pretty bad shape or in bad parts of town.

The company refuses to follow the contract. This happens on a daily basis. The company says, "just do what we say and greive it".

We have many 3 or 4 day trips that start at 5am day 1, then finish at 11pm on the last day. So, the first 3 days of our trip we get up at 430am then the last day we don't start until later morning then fly until midnight. This of couse is after a 4 hour sit in PHL food court.
Obviously the company could care less about pilot rest, comfort, and safety.

Our crew room in PHL is a 5x8 bag room. This room has two roach infested chairs and is full of bags. The company calls this the "quite room" I guess this is were we are supposed to rest on our 5 hours sits?

Our CEO is continuously posting letters with his religious based propoganda. I am not talking about a reference or two about the Lord. These things look like they are written by the Pope. He has pushed his religious and political views on us many times. There needs to be some separation of religion and politics here at work. We have people from many different backgrounds.

This is just the begining of some of the things we deal with here at Republic Airlines. This is a warning to all. When and if this place ever starts hiring again, please think about your decision. I dont know many people here that are happy. There are other companies out there that would treat you much better for your hard work.

GAY POST! Sounds like RAH was your wet dream till u couldn't get there.
This sounds all fictionalized, go work at Mesa, Colgan, TSA, etc, then write back. pfft

1. Republic Abuses Flight Crews
  2. Fake tits are totally awesome!
  3. I love chili cheese dogs.
  4. Terrorists hijacking airplanes are bad.
  5. Loose women have STDs.
  6. The Guppy Killer burns more gas than the Barbie Jet.
  7. You are reading a post on Flightinfo.com
  8. Tom is a cat, and Jerry is a mouse.
  9. I shower at least once a year.
  10. I like airplanes.

What else is new?

Latest resources

Back