• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Abuses Flight Crews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would anybody want to be furlough fodder at a major? The best thing for Midwest is to park the 717s, and just have RAH do all of the flying for Midwest Airlines. We are a better fit for the market.

My friends and former coworkers have explained to me that the MidWest flying is only operated by RAH employees temporarily*** until MidWest can get a 170 program up and running, then they will slowly take over the flying...I wonder what will you be saying about that?

***Not to take away from the MidWest folks, just stating a fact...my opinion is that RAH should not be flying those routes.

Why would anybody want to be furlough fodder at a major? The best thing for Midwest is to park the 717s, and just have RAH do all of the flying for Midwest Airlines. We are a better fit for the market.

I am glad that you fly the heavy RJ, because your head and ego is so big, it wouldn't fit in a small RJ!

you just think that your the best pilot because your RJ is big and looks like a 737. You are a disgrace to the industry with your profile picture, please remove it!

Last edited:
...but do not question his strong service to the PNCL Pilot group.

Oh but I will question his service.

Was he polishing his resume when he told the pilots he was willing to serve?

Was he filling out applications while he was politicking for votes?

Was he interviewing while telling Pinnacle pilots to hold the line?

What do you think it says to management about pilot resolve/unity when a union leader takes another airline job during negotiations? You have any idea?

Was he polishing his resume when he told the pilots he was willing to serve?

Was he filling out applications while he was politicking for votes?

Was he interviewing while telling Pinnacle pilots to hold the line?

I was doing all of those things, and the pilots I represented knew about it every step of the way. It's a regional. You're expected to leave.

What do you think it says to management about pilot resolve/unity when a union leader takes another airline job during negotiations?

It doesn't say anything. I think the 99%+ strike vote sent all the message that management needed to hear.

Depends on the regional. 100k 4 vaction slots, weekends off. Many people opt for that then going to a major or AirTran to top out a 150k.

I wouldn't leave at the top of a regional for Airtran either. But I'm sure almost everyone at the regionals didn't get into flying to have as their career goal a job at Airtran.

I really don't know why people bash the EMB 170. It is no bigger than the CRJ 900. People must have "engine under the wing" envy. I'll tell you what Comair, Skywest, ASA, Compass, etc., when you get rid of your CRJunk 700/900's then we'll part with our EMBro 170s.

I was doing all of those things, and the pilots I represented knew about it every step of the way. It's a regional. You're expected to leave.

I find it very difficult to believe you ran on a platform of "I'm trying to get out of here at the first opportunity."

When the union leadership is bailing out during negotiations, the message to management is: "I have no confidence in this team of making this a career airline" or "We're not serious. If you have anything on the ball, your trying to get out of here as soon as possible."

I'm sure the pilots who chose to make Pinnacle a career, who you disparage with the pejorative term "lifer," really appreciate your support. Rez exposed the carpetbagger's dirty little secret about volunteering for ALPA to network and polish your interview skills here:

Excellent opportunity for Colgan pilots to build career skills that major airline recruiters look for...

Many of the pilots that left my regional were ALPA volunteers. No they didn't wave the ALPA flag at the interview or put union on their resume/application.

However, when you do professional volunteer work it teaches you how to work with others and matures your skillset... Simply put, it is noticeable when you present yourself.

I think the 99%+ strike vote sent all the message that management needed to hear.

Talk is cheap. There are no painful consequences to either the pilots or the company of a strike vote and it therefore means very little to management. Let the pilot group vote themselves an assessment to support negotiations by a margin of 99% and then, you're sending a meaningful signal.

Last edited:
I find it very difficult to believe you ran on a platform of "I'm trying to get out of here at the first opportunity."

When I was elected I was still an FO, so I wasn't trying to get out at that point. I still needed to upgrade. After I got my PIC time, it was no secret that I was looking to leave. The MEC also made me SPC Chairman knowing full well that my application was out there at a bunch of airlines.

I'm sure the pilots who chose to make Pinnacle a career, who you disparage with the pejorative term "lifer," really appreciate your support.

I've got a little secret for you: I only use terms like "lifer" around here to mess with guys like you and Joey. It works to great effect, and it's quite entertaining. :) In reality, I've always been an advocate of long-term regional pilots. I'll have to dig around and find the article I wrote a few years ago for the PCL MEC newsletter about fighting for benefits and retirement that would make Pinnacle a worthwhile career airline. I would love to see the day when regionals become career airlines, because that would forever end the whipsaw.

Latest resources

Back