Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Report says: The color and gender of UAL's pilots is more important than your safety

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Report? More like an Agenda!

The information you provided does nothing to prove that safety at United is compromised by their hiring practices. It merely proves that you are a racist, sexist bastard.

QP

Free speech is free speech for everyone, including the ideas you don't like, Quillpig, although I don't blame you for not knowing that.

For some reason, universities and colleges in the past 10 years stopped teaching that simple concept to their students, who now don't know how to debate a subject. If someone says something that they don't like, or they don't agree with, they only know how to scream "Racist!" and to try to drown them out.

The website is over-the-top, to be sure, but UAl did have some particulary egregious hiring practices in the 1990's, and most of us who were in University flying programs, or job seeking at the time saw it first-hand. To deny that it happened is simply deluding yourself.

Maybe if Quillpig was a little more intellectually developed, and had learned to debate ideas instead of simply shouting down the ones she doesn't like, we could all learn something from the ensuing exchange of ideas, but that seems pretty unlikely.

Last edited:
.. [T] he story that a minority pilot who thought he was transferring fuel from one tank to the other when in actuality he was dumping the fuel overboard on a 747 going across the Atlantic ... I have heard them second hand from UAL pilots.

Gee.. I thought it was at Fedex, and also at Eastern, and on a C-5....

Urban folktale of the highest order. I've been hearing it for 20 years.

80for80 may just be the first that I have ever put on my "ignore" list.

Another time I was riding in the back of a UAL Airbus. I tuned into channel 5 to listen to the on board communications which is provided between the aircraft and air traffic control.

That was probably the DJ on channel 5 "urban rhymes and gangsta beats".

The pilots would have been on Channel 9.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Free speech is free speech for everyone, including the ideas you don't like, Quillpig, although I don't blame you for not knowing that.

Free speech doesn't enter into it. First of all, the first amendment protects us against the government stifling speech. Not other citizens. Secondly, I never suggested that the imbecile who started this thread didn't have the right to say what he said. On the contrary, I said that his "facts" did not prove his premise, and that he seems to harbor ill will against women and non-whites.

Maybe if Quillpig was a little more intellectually developed, and had learned to debate ideas instead of simply shouting down the ones she doesn't like, we could all learn something from the ensuing exchange of ideas, but that seems pretty unlikely.

I'm happy to listen if anyone has any facts that back up the original poster's premise - that affirmative action hiring practices by airlines compromise safety. I suspect that those facts will be hard to come by.

QP

http://www.adversity.net/united/default.htm

"A new female captain was flying left seat in a 737 with a check captain in the right seat. He noticed the wing tanks were imbalanced, and told her to balance them. She accomplished this task much faster than standard protocol would allow, and he asked her how she did that. "I dumped the fuel [into the atmosphere] from the fuller tank"!]

[Also from Reader "A", 2003].

Fuel dump in a 737?

Did I miss something during systems class???

80for80...

Well, next time your stick your head out the window, a strategiclly placed size 10 shoe would solve a flaimbaiter's pyromania like your's...

V1

The majority of 80for80 comments are either defensive or negative. Look at what he posted recently when someone asked for some aviation questions. Could you imagine flying with this one ! Just put him on the ignore list.

OMFG, ANYONE that flies a 121 aircraft should know this stuff ALREADY. The regionals are NOT a training ground and regional captains are NOT CFIs!!! This is basic stuff for anyone in the 121 environment. 121 is not an entry level position. Go fly 135 for a couple of years, learn the basics of commercial flying and THEN apply at a 121 carrier. This crap had gotten totally out of hand.

My problem with Pinnacle is that you all are just a bunch of wannabe airline pilots who bring down the entire profession by your very existance. Your operation and pilots are dangerous and unprofessional and should be grounded by the FAA. You are the laughing stock of every regional pilot. Even Mesa and GoJets have more respect than you guys do.

He says on one post

YOU already fly for a major! So do I and lots of other "regional" pilots! It's just that our paychecks don't reflect that fact

Then on another post

LOL!!! I've been trying to get on with a major for years. Look at all the planes i'm typed in and my total time and I can't even got a F-you from a major. How in the world do you think someone flying a Shorts is going to go directly from that to a major? Please tell me and if you are right, i'll quit Eagle today and get on at that place

he says this about united

Ahhh.....The standard FI comback line. You have to apply first in order to be turned down

Then contradict himselfs with

I still have my scantron form. Are they still going to use them
and
Since it seems inevitable that UAL will be hiring off the street shortly, are they still going to be using the scantron forms? I still have mine from the last time they were hiring and would love to be one of the first in line for an interview if I can submit my app with the scantron already filled out vs. having to request one through the mail.
And
Can anyone help me with my scantron? I want to be first in line when they start to hire.

The majority of 80for80 comments are either defensive or negative. Look at what he posted recently when someone asked for some aviation questions.

"i'll quit Eagle today"

I wish he would. It's too bad everyone knows this guy is at Eagle. Not surprising he has been there so long without getting hired.

Blues Skies, Bud.

Once again, 80for80 causing problems. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back