Rental car discount for airline employees?

Northern Lights

Total Time
6000+
Anyone know if any rental car companies give discounts to airline employees? My travel plans for the weekend require me to either rent a car, wait several hours for a short connecting flight, or pay $40 for a shuttle bus.

Thanks.

Twotter76

Masterless Samurai
Total Time
enough
Just about every rental car company will offer discounts to airline employees. Depends on who your fly for though. The catch is that 9 times out of 10 you can get a better deal by just going to expedia or something similiar as their discounts are far from stellar.

Wankel7

It's a slippery slope...
Total Time
Also, this might take some pre planning but you can save big!

Find out where the off airport rental offices are...and catch a cab there...

Chances are if it is a multi day rental you will save a big chunk because the airports surcharge the on airport rental agency. And they pass it straight to you.

Wanked

chperplt

Total Time
Good idea, except most off airport rental places do not offer unlimited miles. No surcharge, but big miles charges if you plan on driving the car much.

Northern Lights

Total Time
6000+
Thanks for the advice. I think that I'm going to go for a $25 shuttle, SJC-MRY and hope that it all works out. I noticed that if I do have to rent a car, it is slightly cheaper to get it from SJC as opposed to SFO.

Thedude

Total Time
8000+
If you are a AAA member you will get better deals than as an airline employee. Always make you res over the phone or internet. Never do a walk-up. The prices can double for a walkup.

dsee8driver

Total Time
I have rented cars at SJC for 17-19 a day from enterprise. Last weekend I got a car online from thrifty for 13.00 a day unlimited at orlando airport..(off) Check online at thrifty and enterprise then call them on the phone and tell them you are airline employee.

buckdanny

Total Time