Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rental car discount for airline employees?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Northern Lights

Anyone know if any rental car companies give discounts to airline employees? My travel plans for the weekend require me to either rent a car, wait several hours for a short connecting flight, or pay $40 for a shuttle bus.

Thanks.

Just about every rental car company will offer discounts to airline employees. Depends on who your fly for though. The catch is that 9 times out of 10 you can get a better deal by just going to expedia or something similiar as their discounts are far from stellar.

Also, this might take some pre planning but you can save big!

Find out where the off airport rental offices are...and catch a cab there...

Chances are if it is a multi day rental you will save a big chunk because the airports surcharge the on airport rental agency. And they pass it straight to you.

Wanked

Good idea, except most off airport rental places do not offer unlimited miles. No surcharge, but big miles charges if you plan on driving the car much.

Thanks for the advice. I think that I'm going to go for a $25 shuttle, SJC-MRY and hope that it all works out. I noticed that if I do have to rent a car, it is slightly cheaper to get it from SJC as opposed to SFO.

If you are a AAA member you will get better deals than as an airline employee. Always make you res over the phone or internet. Never do a walk-up. The prices can double for a walkup.

I have rented cars at SJC for 17-19 a day from enterprise. Last weekend I got a car online from thrifty for 13.00 a day unlimited at orlando airport..(off) Check online at thrifty and enterprise then call them on the phone and tell them you are airline employee.

Latest resources

Back