• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rename Anchorage Int'l.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hear ya. Althoguh I have no problem with Reagan National (DCA) being named before the guy died. A little different with Stevens. I understand. But my point was that I don't like these new names. It usually takes a generation or so to begin using it colloquially. They renamed the Interboro Parkway the Jackie Robinson Parkway. Everyone still refers to it as the Interboro.

Didn't John Murtha get his name plastered on the Johnstown Airport?

"Ted, takin' it in the pooter International"
PBR

With the rampant corporate renaming of sport stadiums, how much longer will it be before airports are renamed after companies.

I wonder. Maybe there are laws which prevent this for the moment.

...and that's a good thing?

Yes sir! You must not be up to speed on pork barreling...It means he ear marked money that should have gone to your state and gave it to ours. I think that is a great thing.

You may not like that pork exists but it does and somebody is going to get it. For many a year that was Alaska. We were #1 because of Uncle Ted.

Thanks Uncle Ted.

Last edited:
Prisoner #54670 International Airport
with the Soap Drop Arrival
and Presidential Parden Departure

Last edited:
They used to wait till someone was dead before using their name on a building or airport or whatever. Then down in Houston they named the airport after Bush1. It may have happened before that but IAH is the first one I remember.

Way back when, RNO was renamed Reno/Cannon, for senator Howard Cannon, then he got indicted in the ABSCAM FBI sting. Suffice it to say that its now Reno/Tahoe.

They used to wait till someone was dead before using their name on a building or airport or whatever. Then down in Houston they named the airport after Bush1. It may have happened before that but IAH is the first one I remember.

Geez, an airport AND an aircraft carrier...and he's still living. I guess that kind of rounds out the resume'.

Latest resources

Back