• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rename Anchorage Int'l.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Huh? Anyone who follows Alaska politics knows that there was never a time when Ted didn't conduct questionable activities.

Any proof to back up your bold statement?

never a time....

I believe he has has made shady deals in the past but his entire career is not in question. That man has pork barreled many dollars for us Alaskans and his name will always shine bright at that airport.

Last edited:
the name must go

We should never name public places after politicians who are still alive. Let's not forget Ted was responsible for cargo cabotage in ANC. I flew cargo through ANC over to the Pacific for a long time and have always enjoyed the city and the layovers.

IMO, the name Ted Stevens Int'l Airport must go.

I'll say it....

"Bristol Palin International..."
has a nice ring to it if you ask me...

Mookie

The problem is renaming something after a living person. Ted Stevens still has a lot of time to mess up - and he did.

I hear ya. Althoguh I have no problem with Reagan National (DCA) being named before the guy died. A little different with Stevens. I understand. But my point was that I don't like these new names. It usually takes a generation or so to begin using it colloquially. They renamed the Interboro Parkway the Jackie Robinson Parkway. Everyone still refers to it as the Interboro.

Latest resources

Back