Rename Anchorage Int'l.....

F/O

Smells like....
Total Time
I'm posting this in the Majors forum because so many of us work in and out of ANC frequently. Now that Uncle Ted has been convicted (7 felonies), and the voters have given him the heave-ho, the airport needs to be renamed. It will be truly shameful if this does not take place. I honestly throw up a little bit every time I read "Ted Stevens" on the Jepp chart.

The state runs the airport. Caribou Barbie needs to suck it up and do the right thing here. Please erase the stain of this P.O.S. felon from one of the world's great hubs of commerce.

barnyard

F Caravans
Total Time
Sarah Palin Int'l ... you can see russia from the tower...

clippyrip

Total Time
He earned his name on that airport far before he conducted questionable activities. Dream on.

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
The Triboro Bridge (west of LGA) was just renamed after RFK. I'll still refer to it as the Triboro. I hate these name changes. The GWB, I can understand.

Tejas-Jet

Total Time
enuf
I'm posting this in the Majors forum because so many of us work in and out of ANC frequently. Now that Uncle Ted has been convicted (7 felonies), and the voters have given him the heave-ho, the airport needs to be renamed. It will be truly shameful if this does not take place. I honestly throw up a little bit every time I read "Ted Stevens" on the Jepp chart.
the place to start would be to write/contact your state and federal representatives there in Alaska, and let them know how you feel.

Starting a petition among the locals would also get the ball rolling

Tejas-Jet

Total Time
enuf
The state runs the airport. Caribou Barbie needs to suck it up and do the right thing here. Please erase the stain of this P.O.S. felon from one of the world's great hubs of commerce.
"Caribou Barbie" doesn't have to do anything.

Just thought of this. George W. will pardon Senator Ted Stevens as he leaves the White House...thereby making those 7 felonies gone forever....clean off his record.

Like they never happened. "Scooter" Libby too.

clippyrip

Total Time
the place to start would be to write/contact your state and federal representatives there in Alaska, and let them know how you feel.

Starting a petition among the locals would also get the ball rolling
Ted Stevens is a hero up here. Some yahoo that is not even a resident sending a letter to local officials is wasting their time.

Rez O. Lewshun

Save the Profession
Total Time
X>X
missing the point?

Call the Airport whatever you want....

the problem is the cabatoge clause... that is what you guys should really be concerned about....

Babylon

Total Time
7000+
He earned his name on that airport far before he conducted questionable activities. Dream on.
Huh? Anyone who follows Alaska politics knows that there was never a time when Ted didn't conduct questionable activities.

Benhuntn

Deer Fear Me
Total Time
>11000
BHO Messiah international.

jumppilot

Something in a box
Total Time
The Triboro Bridge (west of LGA) was just renamed after RFK. I'll still refer to it as the Triboro. I hate these name changes. The GWB, I can understand.
The problem is renaming something after a living person. Ted Stevens still has a lot of time to mess up - and he did.