Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flylears

Hey Guys and Gals,

Looking into relocating to the eastern PA area. Anyone have any information concerning:

1) Real estate prices and trends
2) Good school districts
3) Transportation options to/from NYC
4) Qaulity of life for a young family

Thanks in advance

I like the Germantown area of Philidelphia (out in the burbs). I don't live there but I visit quite a bit. It can be a bit pricey but it is quaint and seems pretty safe. Check out the area surrounding Wings Field (LOM) and you will know the area. The suburbs of Philly are actually quite nice in general - just stay away from certain parts of West Philly - not so nice.

Check out Lancaster, PA. Still affordable, small town feel, with lots of amish markets to check out and get good deals on fresh veggies and meats. about an hour and a half to PHL.

I grew up in Bucks County and I love it there. The schools are greatbut it is VERY pricey.

I am planning a similiar move and from what I'm told, NE PA is becoming a very nice area to live and is much less expensive. Also much closer to EWR, LGA, etc.

I would have to agree with Dennis on this. I have been living in Lower Bucks County for 12 years now and LOOOVE it ....!!!! I have three small kids two of the are in the Nashaminy school system one of the BEST in the state. The QOL is great being off for the 7 days, being close enought to the city to catch a game or a show BUT far enough away you can still enjoy suburan life style. Im close enough to 95 and the PA/NJ turnpike's that I can make it to Newark in a little over an hour (longer at rush hour). If you have anyother questions PLEASE feel free to pass them my way.

I live in the Poconos about 5 miles south of I80 and 10 miles from NJ. You can get a very nice house for about $270000. You're 1:20 from EWR. The only public transport to the city is commuter bus service going to Port Authority and lower Manhattan.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back