• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

REJECTED by 83%!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Regionals won't be around in 5-10 years. The smart ones will leave and the old dumb ones will be left behind. What happened to my kooshy regional job?! :confused:
No I think they will always be there, they become more efficient and have to pay better wages in order to operate. But they may have to downsize to reach that critical mass. Instead of 4 flights a day to ABC in a 50 seater there will be two flights a day to ABC in a 100 seater. They won't go away, because if there is a need someone will want to start an airline. They will have no trouble finding street Captains and F/O's who think they will make Capt in 12 months.

Not all the aircraft, just the 70+ seaters. The others will be parked. And I would vote no again until it includes one list.

All 600 aircraft on order have over 70+ seats, so that will be ALL of them. And I'm not trying to persuade votes. My position all along has been that neither a yes or no vote will change any future plans.

What will a union do for you, more pay? more days? maybe? of course until you get no pay and all your days off.

You really are a pathetic, cowardly piece of sh!t.

Just like you fat boy.
Thank you. PLC is one of those guys who beleives that unions can do no wrong, and management can do no right. I just happen to believe the truth lies somewhere in between.

Last edited:
No I think they will always be there, they become more efficient and have to pay better wages in order to operate. But they may have to downsize to reach that critical mass. Instead of 4 flights a day to ABC in a 50 seater there will be two flights a day to ABC in a 100 seater. They won't go away, because if there is a need someone will want to start an airline. They will have no trouble finding street Captains and F/O's who think they will make Capt in 12 months.

Yes, but the 100 seated won't be flown by a Regional. Scope givebacks happen in BK, and the 76 seat limit hasn't been moved at most Legacies. Consolidation has made the big 3 plus SWA even stronger. DL getting 88 717s will fill in for 76 and 70 seaters filling in for outgoing 50 seaters.

Bye Bye---General Lee

We know Jenny, you've written it a hundred times already. One can hope you hold the line at 76. Better yet, take that back too so some of can get out of the Regional mess!

Yes, but the 100 seated won't be flown by a Regional. Scope givebacks happen in BK, and the 76 seat limit hasn't been moved at most Legacies. Consolidation has made the big 3 plus SWA even stronger. DL getting 88 717s will fill in for 76 and 70 seaters filling in for outgoing 50 seaters.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Really? Delta is getting 88 B717's!

Couldn't have given this priceless information out sooner?

I would have thought after 18K posts you could have enlightened us with this before now?

Latest resources

Back