• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air goes big time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Er, well, kind of had a prior commitment.
When is the next one my friend?"

Understand, I think ATL in Nov will be next; we are not going to L.A. I expected to see a few Independence Air guys but man was I surprised, there were hundreds of them. I was told they cancelled 142 flight because of the job fair; most of those guys had thousands of 121-jet pic time, many check airman, etc.; tough competition.

AV80R said:
"Er, well, kind of had a prior commitment.
When is the next one my friend?"

Understand, I think ATL in Nov will be next; we are not going to L.A. I expected to see a few Independence Air guys but man was I surprised, there were hundreds of them. I was told they cancelled 142 flight because of the job fair; most of those guys had thousands of 121-jet pic time, many check airman, etc.; tough competition.

Well, sad to think that we remember when the jetpig was
THE stepping stone...it isn't anymore...ye bloody gods!
Someone that can still fracking hand fly an airplane for
a fifteen hour duty day is at the bottom of the eligible
to hire list 'cause you have to teach them how to press
buttons on an autopilot...

Is Regions really as bad as some make it sound?

I have looked at them before, and have been called to go to an interview.. It could work out wonderfully, if they are what I think they are.. Do they fly alot of out and backs or are they over nighters?

Last edited:
They do overnighters. Plan on 5-7 legs per day.
It sounds like the Saab's may really be coming this time.
Good Luck to the Corpex guys. I heard that the top 8 Capt's were offered a SF34 Capt slot at 34 bucks and hour; the turned it down.
$34.00 for a Capt on the SF34 is way to low and they all know it. When some of them are making 32 bucks on the JS32.

Good Luck Boys!

Overnighters would be great for me.. I would be able to "commute." I basically live 2 hours away and would be able to drive the 2 hours for a 5 day trip and then 2 hours home at the end.. :)

You would drive 2 hours each way to work at corpex, are you nuts? You will spend more in gas than you will make.

Well.. I mean, I am trying to make a career out of flying, so yes.. I'm nuts.. :)

Is the 402 your flying turbine?

No, the C-402 is not a turbine, but it pays me over twice what Regions pays, and I actually get a pay raise every year. Also, the people I work around enjoy working for the company, and more importantly the company enjoys having them work for them. Taking a job for less than 17,000 a year, and only getting paid 25.00 a day for training is no way for make a career out of flying. A career infers that you are making a living off doin something. If anything it assures that pilot pay will continue to go down. I applaud the senior captains at Regions for turning down the BS wages that were offered to fly left seat in the SAABs, and hope that they can get together and get the quality of life and good wages they deserve. Ask BlackPilot628, or Belchfire, they will all tell you what it is like to work for a company where the HR department hates it's employees. They will also tell you what it is like to work you butt off, getting only 9 hours off duty a day, and then getting a paycheck and wondering how you will pay your rent, buy food, put gas in your car (in your case gas to drive back home) You are a professional and should demand to be treated like one. I'm sure you have worked hard to get your time, you should demand to be compensated for your hard work. Everyone that I know at Regions is trying, or is planning to get out of there. Does that not say something? Its your call, but please don't base your entire decision based upon "Turbine Eyes." If you do take the job, make sure you know the good, the bad and the ugly about the company, or any company for that matter. Sorry if I came off a little stiff on the "nuts" comment, I just want to make sure you know what you are getting into. Good luck on the job hunt.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back