• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regionals can't find pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True at Horizon also. From what I hear we cant fill our August classes. I guess people dont want to wait 6+ years to upgrade. I cant imagine why. But cheer up we are getting 1 airplane next year.

TreeTopFlyr said:
True at Horizon also. From what I hear we cant fill our August classes. I guess people dont want to wait 6+ years to upgrade. I cant imagine why. But cheer up we are getting 1 airplane next year.

Interesting...

My resume was mailed to QX about 8+ weeks ago with no callback yet and I have 2800TT with about 700 or so 121 time.

It's all good though - other opportunities exist out there. Horizon's loss if they don't call. :D

Peace

SF

Yeah, me too, but I think I got on the 'black list' after my scuffle with Mitch at Tab Express.

1973Arrow said:
...I meet the minimus at every one of those carriers, have sent in resumes and yet no one calls...
I haven't been arround long enough to be 'black listed,' nor have I done anything that would earn me a spot.
My list of no calls for the past few weeks includes:
ASA
Comair
PSA
Piedmont
Express Jet
Air Wisconsin

...Only heard from two others, and will have intervews shortly. As much as they all complain about the lack of crews, I'm supprised there have been as few phone calls as there have been...

maybe the mins al lowwwwwww but the money is lowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwer and that is a big fact, since the economy suxx this day:
people will:

1) bend over for food.
2) bend for food.
3) have sex for food.
4) do most of the things you wouldn't do for food.

5) a lot of morons ( me included) will fly for F R E E, and take up the wind pipe for pennies!!!

AND THATS THE WAY THE COOKIE CRUMBLES!!!

LIFE AS A PILOT SUXX TOO
but thats the only thing I think I do ok!!!

Pinnacle is indeed having trouble finding pilots to come to class. We've had several classes of 30 people that were offered jobs, but less than half of them showed up for class. We are now paying 200/wk during training and paying for hotels (not sure if it's single or double occupancy, I'll try to find out soon). Flyers were posted in all the domiciles asking pilots to refer their friends for interviews. Basically, if you've wanted to work for Pinnacle for some reason, now is the time to do it. They're desperate for people, and they're paying you and giving you a hotel as a result. I never thought I'd see it happen here. Keep in mind though, upgrade will take at least 5 years, and the pay and work rules aren't that good.

Shortage

It's hard to believe there will ever be a shortage. I've noticed though a lot of friends at the regional level are considering leaving aviation. One friend is a Captain at Skywest and I was surprised when he said recently he wants to get out. I know before I got on at HP the thought crossed my mind, but that was because I was at Big Sky for 6 years. The first few years were great, but the last 2 years was like getting kicked in the nuts every day. Thank goodness thats over.

why do people on here insist of putting their pictures of their baby on here I mean GOOD LORD some are really F'in ugly!

ok back to the thread.......

I know plenty of cfis' that want a regional job

perhaps this is all b.s.

TreeTopFlyr said:

There are always plenty of folks willing to "live and fly in the Great Northwest" and wait for the upgrade. We don't have problems filling classes with wide eyed youngsters. However after the reality sets in, the new hires who are movers and shakers see the reality of FO pay for 6 yrs and they leave. We have lost many junior FO's in the last year and the trend continues. I want to bitch about our pay and then realize we have it better than any other regional which is pathetic. There are all sorts of guys/gals on this board who are thrilled at the $35/hr FO, $65 captain slot in a jet.
A first year FO will make $28.10 plus the LTD overage making our pay equal to a new hire at Continental mainline. Crazy.

I hear we are going to differ our 2 deliveries in 2006 to 'wait and see' what the economy does.

Latest resources

Back